• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 04, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyler,

Flip the differential carrier over and you'll have 3R - 1F

BTW,

Just got back from the St. Louis toy show....saw some nice stuff.

For those of you who were at PD and saw Roy Baker's 1/2 scale AL Cub Cadet Original....the 1/2 scale 7hp engine now RUNS!!!!...and he has a 1/4 scale model in the works (pics later)

I was also able to find the missing literature I needed to complete my "Colored Border" set from the mid-late 70's. I now have the colored border sales literature for the 284, 184, Farmall Cub, xx00/50, 1100, 80/81, bathtubs, push mowers, and the Special Duty Equipment.......I'll have to take a pic of the set.

NO WAY!! Steve did you snap a pic? That really looked neat @ P.D.

Steve, Richard-

Thanks for the info. I knew about the relief valves on the charge-pump... obviously I won't be able to get pressure-limitation (and max-torque limitation) without somehow drilling a relief passageway and fitting an adjustable relief valve, so I'll shelf that idea and look for some other method. Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Tyler T., first off that is Ray L's wood grader blade... The only photo I have seen of Kelly B's fork lift Cub is one that is in an issue of the Cadet Connection. It was a small black and white photo.

Terry B., nice grapple!

Actually, I leveled half of my 3/4 acres with the wood scraper; not every tool needs to be welded metal. Just ask the Amish. Granted, it aint pretty. I used the scraper AFTER tilling the topsoil to be leveled. It held up very well. The bottom of the face of the blade has metal flat stock screwed to it. Here's a pic of my son doing a smaller section of the yard. . .
25527.jpg

Ray-
"Just ask the Amish."
Yeah, all the Amish I see have carts with a 20hp engine pulled by a horse, live hydraulics to raise and lower the 3-point. They'd sell pies until they got a new Woods blade!!!

Wyatt,
LOL. Yeah, I've seen things like you're refering to. I guess that's where the Cub Cadet comes in for me. I can't see myself teaming a couple of hayburners and walking in the wake of what they leave behind. I'd rather smell like Marvel. . .
But seriously, Amish still use wood in yokes, running gear, etc.
Another pic of my oldest. . .
25529.jpg

Terry B. That grapple is super.

Wyatt C. I must admit that those pies are mighty good. I can't wait for the Ames Farmers' Market to open again. There is a family that comes from central Wisconsin and sells them. :+)

Dave K. Since you like to try different things out. A fuel oil pump was used s a charge pump for the Original Hydro Prototype. Any ideas on using one of those type pumps on a Cub?

Terry Busch, i like your one-armed loader with thumb. I could use it this weekend. I'm taking out 71 fully grown white oak trees. I decided it's too much for my CC to handle, so I rented a backhoe and my neighbor's bringing his Bobcat.

Influenza "A" SUCKS!!!!!! (of all years to be short on flu vaccine and not get a shot...
sad.gif
)

Steve: You could get it even with a shot. I did and ruined my Cub Cadet activities for about 10 days in early Jan...Whatever is going around wasn't included in the shot's formula this year as best as I can tell...Take care..
Myron B

Steve B. -

Had it twice already - we had to celebrate Christmas the following weekend.

Taking the train twice a day is like being in an airplane 10x a week. Lotsa germs to go around here. Blah.

Remember to drink plenty of MMO. I mean fluids...

Myron -

Considering how much fooling around they did with the vaccine, it wouldn't surprise me if it was just saline
wink.gif

Question for the Forum,
Why are/is Farmall, International Harvester, Cub Cadet so big on the East coast?? Been looking at some of my paperwork from 1914-1920 and don't see many branch offices in Penn. State (2). I understand the midwest having lots-O-IH but...............

<font size="-2">(and yes, I know it wasn't always suburbia out there, got that here too.)</font>

BTW, Where is everyone?? Quite as a funeral here!

(Message edited by thoffman on February 08, 2005)

Tom H,
When the copyright police showed up, everybody headed for the hills! Kinda puts a damper on things ya know!

Hello my name is Roberto Rivero, i live in Uruguay South. America, i am an IH collector and enthousiast of big ones. Last week i found a little Cub for sale in a salvage yard, is a 482, the tractor is almost complete but has not the engine, i wolud like tobuy it but need to know what kind of engine i have to put on it.

I need to know the HP of the engine, piston position (horizontal or vert.) has it electric starting sistem? Because i saw a battery box under de seat. etc, Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Roberto

Bryan...
looks like it's time for a larger membership map!!!
biggrin.gif

I have a hydro question. Would it be possible to add the ports for hyd lift to a hydro unit that never had them?
Tyler, the reason your oil filter is right over the front diff is the distributor/oil pump is up front where they belong.

Latest posts

Back