• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 05, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word on fall plow day as of yet, cause I'm starting to get that itch again
29890.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 29890.jpg
    29890.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 164
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 134
I really enjoy reading about everyone's cubs and looking at the nice pictures. Yesterday I ran into a problem with my 1650. It was the first time I mowed in about a month here (really dry) and after mowing I left the cub parked in the driveway. An hour later gas was coming out of the air cleaner. I usually shut the gas off because I have the side panels off and it's easy to do. This carb is only about a year old and I assume the float stuck? Do any of you guys know what causes this condition? The air filter was soaked with gas and I'm wondering if any got in the crankcase.

One more question. My brother in-law is on me pretty hard to get a JD 332 with Yanmar diesel engine. He has one and said it's the only thing to have (yeah right). I think some of the red cubs were built with diesels. Is that true and if so who's engine did they use?

Thanks,
Tom
Minster, OH

Tom ,you most likely picked up some dirt in the carb.
they used kubota diesels . models 782 D 882 ,1512 in the garden tractor size then 1572 1772 and 1782 were supers

Tom, try putting just about a cap full of MMO in your tank when you fill it. I haven't had anything stick since then.

Tom F:

I had similar situation with my 1450. I ended up talking with a Service Tech @ Kohler. He suggested I install a Fuel Filter w/a 50 Micron rating. I located one and installed this filter and haven't had an issue since.

Thanks for the help on the sticking float. Is MMO marvel mystery oil? I've heard of guys using that for a lot of things. Thanks, Tom.

Help! I took apart my 50" deck to paint it & have forgotten how the spindles go back together. My model has the spindle shaft/bearing assembly sandwiched between two metal housings, one deep & one flat. I think the two halves go together & then bolt up to the deck. Does anyone have a diagram for this type of deck? My tractor is a 1450. Thanks.

Pat K:

The spindle halves bolt together. Then they are inserted onto the deck from the top side. In order from the deck skin up, it is the deck, the deck reinforcement plate, then the spindles. The spindles use carriage type of bolts, with the nuts being on the underside of the deck.

29899.jpg

Attachments

• 29899.jpg
    29899.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 136
Speaking of the 50" deck spindles, has anybody came up with an inexpensive replacement for those expen$ive bearing/shaft assemblies? Or figured out a way to machine the original shafts to take conventional bearings? If I can't come up with an alternative to spending $70-$100 to fix this, my 1650 likely won't be doing any more mowing this year.....
I tried searching and looking in the FAQ, but didn't find anything.

Jeff Martin,
Based on what you have told us it sounds like, or reads like, your coil is shot. You might want to take a couple of pictures of your coil setup. Maybe we could see if you have it connected properly.

My 149 is missing and will not run at slow speed. I guess it needs a tune up and I am not knowledgable enough to do it. Would one of you guys consider writing a tune up guide for FAQ?
Thanks, Herb

If the motor/generator is not keeping the Battery charged and the voltage drops off. Will this make the engine miss and not idel. I noticed the Battery voltage is low. Some times I have to put the Charger on to build up the Battery.

Herbert G,
How bout you check out the FAQ page and see what ya can find. Kohler has manuals to download for free!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 142
Herbert, any time you have a battery-powered ignition sytem, battery voltage is an issue. Of course we don't know what actual voltage you are calling "low". How does the tractor run with a freshly charged battery?

John Acuff
The spindle bearings on the 44 and 50 inch decks can not be rebuilt. If you click on Carter and Gruenwald above and go to cub parts for mower decks (26-30 of 124) you can get all the parts. The spindle bearings run $63.00 which to me doesn't seem like a bad price for a spindle with double bearings. They last a long time and make a big difference if you are running rough bearings in your deck.
Just my .02 cents.

Thanks Roland & Charlie for the refresher on how the 50" deck Spindles goes together.
My next problem is that the deck belt I ordered from C&G does not appear to be the correct one. Not quite long enough. Does anyone have the part number for that belt? Thanks again.

We headed out for a buying trip thru Louisville then heading east to Lexington and up and out via Ohio on Friday night. We hit a bump late that night while heading to the hotel which caused the front brakes to grind like mad. Nothing seemed to pop back into place, so we ended up spending half our Saturday hunting down somewhere to have the brakes done in the Georgetown area.

I heard about our "want ad" and "worthiness" posts but couldn't do a damn thing about them - javascript doesn't run on a cell phone browser
wink.gif

Now then, if someone'd like to donate a decent laptop, I'd be able to tether to my cell and poof 'em on the road...
lol.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 137
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 133

Latest posts

Back