• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 05, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin L.,
Fuel consumption all depends on what you are using it for. If you are mowing with the same size deck, yes a 16 hp will probably use more for the same job. But if you are plowing a garden or throwing snow, the fuel consumption per job may be the same. The 16 hp will use more per hour but you will get the job done quicker. At plow day this spring, my 149 used just as much fuel per hour as my 1650. The 1650 just cruised along while the 149 was working harder. I do not notice the vibration very much on my 1650. But it has new motor mounts in it and I usually run it wide open throttle.

Or the super rare 1450 transitional unit... came out right before they switched to the all red tractors. Of course you'd be hard pressed to find one like this.

29863.jpg

Attachments

• 29863.jpg
    29863.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 161
Time to get some sleep. I hope to see a lot of you at Little G tomorrow.

Charlie.

you posted a picture of a cub cadet with a bucket at 9:02pm. I have a similar bucket but I was under the impression it went on the back of a 1650. Is it possibly the same thing with a different mounting system(It looks exactly like yours)? If so where can i get that mounting system because I could use it if it were mounted to the front of my unit versus the back.

Yes Digger, I'd already seen that in the FAQ, but it doesn't address the problem with mine. My issue is that the outer "tube" that the steering shaft runs inside of is wobbling where it fits in the top of the actual gearbox. I'm wondering if there is a fix for this, or do I need to start the search for a whole nother gearbox.

Gary L.
It's not mine, but it's called a Johnny Bucket and they have a website.

John A,
If that's all your problem is, why not try some JB weld or 2 part epoxy and or drill a couple small holes and add a couple screws or do both to be safe.
Both of those have been done by guys here over the years.
NOW! you guys are gonna have to type without me, I'M OLD and goin to bed! LOL

poof.gif

<font color="ff0000">y'all won't believe the weekend we had...</font>

Attachments

• poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 154
It's bad enough we have to see it on the ATP but here too? It's almost too much to comprehend.....

Well I finally got around to taking pics of the 149 I got 3 weeks ago.

The new engine for it is under my carport waiting to be installed as well as a good seat pan and new seat cushion and cover. It has the sleeve hitch base already attached on the rear, the rest of it is in a nice box in my little shed. Just have to put the seat and the new engine in and she'll be ready to put to work.

29879.jpg

29880.jpg

29881.jpg

Attachments

• 29879.jpg
    29879.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 29880.jpg
    29880.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 29881.jpg
    29881.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 167
Kevin L.-

I have never owned a 1450 or a 149, but I own an 1810 (newer version of the 682). The twins in the 682 and 782 are so much smoother running than and single cylinder kohler. (And probably quieter too.) I really like my 1810 and would prefer owning an 1810/1811/682/782 to a 1450 or 1650.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I picked up a nice QA-36A today. I have a couple questions.

1. It has the curved upper links so if I get a 5/8" pulley it will play nice with my 1810, right?

2. The auger on this thing has 4 paddles, and my QA-42A only has two. I have never seen 4 before. Is this rare, or just common to the 36-inch units?

Matt,

5/8 will play nice with 1810
happy.gif

No help with the 4 vs 2 flights on the auger.

I had a 1450 follow me home today. The 100 I have been trying for, for about 2 years, still no luck.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 146
I put the charger on the battery and after a while the coil was very hot,and wet on the top,i thought it was gas from the sediment bowl but it didn't smell like gas,i have 62 cub,been trying to get a spark but have had no luck,any help is much appreciated,thank jeff.

Thought I'd update you on the grey stuff in the 1450 rear housing. Basically it was like wax. It softened as I was working on it in the sun. Scrapping worked good where you could get at it. Finally just used a bunch of cheesecloth and elbow grease and wiped it all out. I doubt there was Hytran in this baby. Thanks for the ideas!

29886.jpg

Attachments

• 29886.jpg
    29886.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 160
Matt,

4 paddles are common on the later throwers.....and they work well!!!!

Latest posts

Back