• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 23, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick -

I've used 10-32 helicoil inserts several times with loktite and hadn't had any problems. It's a little pricey but well worth it...maybe $30-$40 initially. Once you have the "kit" for a given size all you should ever need are the different length inserts.

Steve,
Wish I knew you were looking for those old type mower blades. When you were here to pick up that SickleMo a couple years ago, I had probably two or three sets sitting on the shelf. Just soon after, I had gotten rid of the 122 I had with cast iron end deck and threw those in the garbage. They did look pretty worn though. Didn't realize they were hard to find. Would've given 'em to ya.
bash.gif

got the 147 home, still working on figuring out the unloading procedure at the momen...from the serial number, I believe it to be a 1971
missing seat, carb, and air cleaner assembly..came with 2 lift carriages/mule drives (which I think are wide frame pieces?) plus the one on it and a deck that I measured the cutting width to be 47'', so I'm not sure what the deal is there..maybe worn blades on a 48''
288781.jpg

288782.jpg

288783.jpg

288784.jpg

288785.jpg

Dan,

Yep, that is a 48" deck.

Those 2 mule drive/undercarriages are for the wideframe/quietline tractors. Notice how they spread out just above the pulleys..... that is to clear the frame. They look like they are actually the ones that were used with the 44A/50A stamped decks. When looking at them from the mule drive end, if the 2 idler pulleys angle to your right (the carb side of the tractor if it was installed) they are for the stamped deck. The early wideframe formed decks (Like the 48" you just got) had the middle drive pulley centered under the tractor. The later wideframe/quietline stamped decks had the center pulley on the deck, toward the carb side of the tractor, more toward the running board. These needed the angled pulleys to keep the belt running true. The formed had straight pulleys. This is why on the later wideframe/quietline/82 series, you now needed 2 mule drives if you have a tiller and a deck, since the long belt doesn't really like the angled pulleys.....

Not a bad looking unit for 40+ years old. Similar to a 127 I picked up earlier this year......

Steve,

You were partially right, two of them are turned up a little more than the other two.
There are four blades underneath all that dirt instead of three, they were just piled up on top of each other in the previous pic. Trust me, there are four!
err.gif

It wouldn't take much for you to heat your blades and bend them up. You could make your own and no one would know!

288789.jpg

Dan G- I'll let you ride a restored model 72, and you can tell me how well they keep constant speed, and the noticeable benefit of the mechanical energy transfer system! Bullet proof, and ZERO maintenance transmissions!

Oh, I still love my 1450, but the best complement to a hydro drive is a all-gear drive IH Cub Cadet!

My cubs are angry and a few are giving me trouble, because I have adopted one of their illegitment younger sibblings (for free).

now I have a reason to visit the MTD page

288792.jpg

john, I have nothing against gear drive..just my personal preference is the hydro, wouldn't really object to a nice 1x6 (or to make a 146 using my 147 parts rig)

Latest posts

Back