• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 05, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Ken U., I was in Menard's last night picking up a gallon of ceiling paint that my wife sent me to get and noticed that they had two of your books for sale!! Your book on Farmall Cubs and Cub Cadets and your book on the Letter Series Farmalls. I only had enough money with to buy the gallon of paint, though I did think about putting the paint back on the shelf and getting the book on the Letter Series Farmalls (I already have the Farmall Cub/Cub Cadet book) but then I decided my wife wouldn't approve. Luckily it's a short drive from my workplace to Menard's so I'll be stopping by soon to round out my library. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on August 05, 2005)

John B.

It's not your battery, it's your bendix.....see my post on the last page....

John B:

Steve is right....it is NOT the battery nor is the polarity reversed.......you have a Starter Problem....!!!

Thanks Steve and Roland! I have that book on Cubs and Cub Cadets, it's great! I also have a '53 Cub. Take care.

Had a guy email me and say he has a good NF blade for 50 bucks. So we headed out this morning.
Get there and he's got 2 complete WindBreaker soft cabs, One brand spankin NEW!!! Wheels, tires, engine parts, thrower parts and on and on and on.
So for 60 bucks we kinda filled up the center of the van!
beerchug.gif

Thanks to Ken W. in Anoka,Minnesota
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 199
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 208
Had a semi-good day today, got a lot done around here. Solved the carb problem on my Orange and White tractor, topped off the Hy-Tran on my 125, and got the 122 torn down.
29847.jpg

But I did run into some guff along the way. The original has come into a problem
angry.gif
. It only will idle, throttle it up any and it coughs and sputters and doesn't do anything. Cleaned the carb and no luck. Think the head might be all gunked up. Im gonna have to give it a good decarbonization soon. Any other thoughts on this. And the Trunion Spring on the 125 is as loose as a goose, so im not looking forward to taking care of that one either
bash.gif
. Oh well all part of the fun. Thats what I keep telling myself.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 196
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 201
  • angry.gif
    angry.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 217
  • 29847.jpg
    29847.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 29847.jpg
    29847.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 196
You know only Charlie could step into a pile of sh** and come out smeeling like a rose.

You lucky dog you Charlie.

Welp I am out of here, see you all next week.

Charlie "Digger"

Thanks for the feed back on the 149. What's the difference in the 1450? Just a later model? And then what about a front bucket? Still available or wishful thinking?

Chuck

I am looking for a sealer for my gasoline tank, many leaking pinholes since I cleaned it.I have a 102 Cub,w/K241AS engine. I can't seem to find a replacment either. Send message to Email ( [email protected] )Thanks, Walt

What happened to all the posts since early this morning? I was hoping to get some answers on the steering box/column problem on my 1650, and now I don't even see my original post. Did the site have a hiccup?

John A.

The page archived and "rolled over" to a blank slate. Click on the AUG 3RD archive just above the latest post on the string to get yesterdays info.

Well, it looks like nobody posted an answer to my question anyway. I'm really hoping there is a way to fix my column/box so I won't have to hunt up another one.

Chuck J,
29855.jpg

29856.jpg

Front Bucket!
29857.jpg

Loader!
29858.jpg

Attachments

• 29858.jpg
    29858.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 29857.jpg
    29857.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 29856.jpg
    29856.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 29855.jpg
    29855.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 223
Expanding on Chuck Jackson's question-

Given a 149 and a 1450 in similar condition and price, which is more desirable? Do you get any additional "creature comforts" with the slightly newer 1450?

Also, whilst lurking I've learned of the 169 and 1650's increased gas consumption and vibration. Is the extra two horsepower worth these tradeoffs?

One last question - I'm kinda' partial to the red tractors - any comparison whatsoever between the 149/1450 and a 682/782?

I'm not quite ready to part with my 582 yet, but after every lawn-mowing session I think about how much easier a hydro would make that task...

Chuck & Kevin,
Everyone has their own opinion on which tractor they like best, so the only answer to all of your questions is.
BUY'UM ALL and come to your own conclusion, cause your questions are loaded and will get 50 different answers from 50 different guys!
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 216
Charlie P.
Thanks for the info on the engine rail modification. Sorry, I didn't know it was a FAQ.

Dave B,
Snoop around the site, it's amazing what you will find.
Also the search feature will bring up tons of great info. I still use it almost everyday and I still find stuff I don't know, course that doesn't take much for me!!!!!!!!!
29860.gif

Attachments

• 29860.gif
    29860.gif
    445 bytes · Views: 223
Charlie P.

Will the engine rail cross brace dramatically extend the life of the rubber engine rail mounts? Will it prevent the engine bolts from working loose?

Latest posts

Back