• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
OK, I'm going to have to side with Myron on this. Don't make me use this:
59071.gif
This is from an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Kohler service manual (publication # GSS-1465-B, April 1984) section 3 page 2. Note that is says "CC" for Counter Clockwise for the S/G when viewed from the drive end which in the case of a Cub Cadet is viewed when standing or crouching or prone,
jester.gif
, you get the idea and facing the front of the tractor. Yeah I know it's usually CCW, so <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> left off the W for some reason. <font size="-2">I know there's a political joke there but I'm not touching it!</font>
angel.gif

59072.jpg

I will get pics of the 149 taken and posted this weekend when weather gets better. It was nice to get something like this for free!

KRAIG - Actually, IHC was great for dropping what they thought were superfluous letters in words. The dropped the last "E" from "Employee" on all their documentation sometime in the 70's and threw away truck-loads of old forms and figure they saved $100,000 per year.
dunno.gif

JOHN LANG - I figure $3.25+/gal. gas will have a lot to do with not too many Cub Cadets or other tractors being towed to many shows this summer. At least the Red Power Round-up in '09 will be within "Driving Distance" for My M and Super H. I'll drop the loaders and will be able to run to the show in about 1/2 hour from home....that is IF the local law enforcement agencies leave Me alone!
Shift.gif

Kraig..
I was bit by the 'It'll fit' bug once... the Fram book crossed their filter for a cub... their pick had a drainback valve in it, which rendered the filter useless in the winter... tractor would not move until the hy-tran warmed up enough to soften the drainback valve. Grrr. slapped a cub cadet filter on it, problem fixed...

Words: ...Clockwise is one word. So, IH's use of CC is Webster's Unabridged Dictionary correct. However, Delco-Remy makes two words out of it as in "Clock Wise" and use that and Counter Clock Wise in their manuals. This likely because when listing a Clockwise Delco-Remy Gen, Starter or Motor-Generator, there would only be the letter C which could stand for nearly anything but CW makes it perfectly clear. So using either CC as IH manuals do or CCW like Delco-Remy manuals gets the message across.

Myron B

For the younger set, the "Clock" that is referred to here is that funny old thing on the wall of Grandma's house with pointers that pivot from a center point of the device and that as the day moves along, point at successively higher numbers that are located on the peripheral of the "Clock". Note that unless the "clock" is used in a military or other similar location, the numbers only go to "12" and then it will continue the progression towards the "1" again. The rotational direction is what is referred to as "clockwise" (C), unless you are holding the "clock" in front of you with the back of it towards you, in which case it would be "CC" or "CCW", depending on whether the "Clock" had a Delco-Remy or IHC logo on it's face...
clown.gif

Kendall...

double
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

My kid asked me once what time it was...
I replied "10 of six"
He looked at me like I had 3 heads...

Jim - I understand it depends on the rotation of the spin of the electrons in the outer shell of the atom ...only MTD could define that for us.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Jim Egstad (Jegstad) on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 01:04 pm:

OK Kendell, which way is clockwise on a digital clock?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I'll field this one for ya, Kendell.....
thumbsup.gif

Jim,
Clockwise on a digital clock is NORTH!
err.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan,

I was told it was UP since time is always increasing. But I guess North is the same if you are looking at a map.

Thanks to all for the spirited S/G rotation discussion. When I jumped the positive terminal of the battery to the “A” terminal of the S/G, it did indeed turn CCW when viewed from the front. Why the PO had it set-up as a positive ground, who knows. Probably the same reason the voltage regulator was hooked up incorrectly, the safety start switch was re-located to the dash and used as an ignition switch, etc., etc. Given this 123’s state of (dis) repair, I’m guessing the PO was a Deere man. . .

Well my .02 c My cub has the engine installed with crank( blower housing normal front) facing the rear of the tractor.If the engine was looked at from blower housing in the front as normal in most apl.ect Cubs the rotation would be COUNTER cw. lol

this side of the equator water travels down the drain clock wise ...lol

Kendell - About 3 weeks ago a guy in his late 20's was here trying to sell insurance. We got to talking about the computer age and I told him I bet kids now days couldn't tell time with an analog clock ... he asked what it was ........ I had to point to one hanging in the shop!

Hey I got a GPS today! Now I can mark all the cubs I see on my trip to Springfield, Mo tomorrow ;)

KENTUCKY:
Are you going through St. Louis? If so, better have your GPS ready at exit 16 on I-64 in Illinois. You will need to log a bunch! You just have to find them. Just about 5-6 blocks North and East of exit.
If you are not in a hurry call me and maybe we can visit.
618-604-5576

I just bought a good used International Cub Cadet Model 1450 and I am curious as to what kind of attachments I can run off of it and how reliable these tractors are. Thank you for all replys!

Latest posts

Back