• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul B., Thanks for joining in.
greenthumb.gif
I was eventually going to get to those. Have you heard any theories on the two square holes in the lower grill? I seem to recall something about a front mounting system but I could be dreaming. Or just crazy...
dizzy.gif

Michael H., I believe it may operate functions on the assembly line.
dunno.gif

Marlin, go for it! I have way to many projects as it is.
icon_eek.gif

Kraig
You are correct about the holes in the 70/100 proto grill being for a planned front mounting system for implements. Harold Schramn told me the holes were part of a shaft driven mowing deck system, but the "bean counters" nixed that idea because of the cost, so the holes were not needed. I assume filling the holes in on the production models made the sand cast molds for the grill housing easier/simpler to make.

Paul, thanks for the memory refresher! I had forgot about the shaft drive mower deck system. Oh what could have been...

Charlie, I would never have thought to do a search on those 800 numbers.
rofl.gif

Kraig
wave.gif
Hope the newby's are enjoying the trip down memory lane. I sure am! Thankyou!

Jerry,
happy.gif

I think it's time for some old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet adds from National Geographic Magazine.

297790.jpg

297791.jpg

297792.jpg

297793.jpg

297794.jpg

Latest posts

Back