• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 04, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets try the pics again
15577.jpg

15578.jpg

15579.jpg

To keep the Jeep posts kind of on topic, many of the parts in the running gear were interchangable with the early <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Scouts, or so I've been told.

Ryan M/John L/others-- I am looking to receive samples of a replacement cover for the hydraulic lever(s) on the '82 series of tractors. Should have pics sometime after.

I'd like to gage the interest of those on the forum...If you think you might be interested, please shoot me an email (addy in profile).

Your help in furthering the longevity of our beloved tractors is appreciated!

Thanks,
DanC

Ah, now I see (cleaning off my glasses).

Very cool!

I've always wanted an old Willy's p/u, with some modern drivetrain upgrades but that is so far down the list of things "to do," it's not even funny!

Kraig-

At one time or another, both had Dana 300 transfer cases!

Kraig -

Y'all sure know how to grow 'em up there...<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Railroad engineer charged with operating train while intoxicated
Tuesday February 03, 2004
(Minneapolis-AP) -- A federal grand jury in Minneapolis has charged a former
Canadian Pacific railroad engineer with operating a freight train while
intoxicated.

Thirty-three-year-old Wilford Travis Gamble is accused of operating the
train under the influence of alcohol on September 18th, when it was involved
in a minor accident near Belgrade.

If convicted, Gamble of Somerset, Wisconsin, faces up to 15 years in prison
and a 250-thousand dollar fine.

The case is a result of an investigation by the Canadian Pacific Railroad
Police.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Rich, if I would have thought about it more I would have kept the Chevy Luv, it's wheelbase and track were almost exactly the same as the Willys. It would have made for a nice vehicle, not to mention cheaper to drive. The Luv usually got 35mpg with a high of 45mpg (in 4wd going 25-45mph in a snowstorm on the way back from the cabin), the Jeep usually got about 8mpg. I think they both had about the same hp.

Wes, nice 106! Umm, Westerly winds..... Sorry, I couldn't let that pass...... :eek:)

Travis you can call me tonight after work 11:30 pm I will be up for a while.

Found out some intetersting news yesterday via my grandma and the old "Internationa Havester" newspaper that was put out from Fort Wayne, IN. It seem that my grandfather was responsible for puting the "International" name plate on all of the K-Line and KB trucks in the 40's after the war and for a long time there after. I'll have to share the article with all of ya.

Bryan, looks like he has an 'appropriate' last name. Never met him.

Rich. Ah! So I wasn't being fed a line of bull.

Kraig,
I didn't even notice that. It was fun backing up one side and using the ramming speed to move the snow up the opposite side. It took a while to get all of the 2' pushed up the hill. The snow was half way across the drive when I stated. It was a fun 2 hours outside getting the much wanted seat time doing the driveway and yard. I guess I better check the gas pretty soon. That makes 3 hours running on this tankful. Could be getting low. The 106 will hopefully get it's cleaning, creeper gear, and new paint this summer. The hood will be fixed before it is painted. I may even get some type of dual hydraulics on it this summer and them a cylinder on the blade to angle it from the seat. I did get spoiled last winter when I had to put the homemade blade on the 109 with hydraulic lift for a while.

Bryan-
Yea, we've got all types up here. Then there's this guy...
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

A man found naked and stuck in the chimney of a Minneapolis bookstore on Christmas morning has pleaded guilty to attempted burglary.

Joseph Hubbert of Minneapolis had told police he had dropped his keys in the chimney of Uncle Hugo's Mystery Bookstore and was trying to retrieve them.

Hubbert started to slide down the 12-by-12-inch chimney shaft and got lodged in the furnace flue. He was rescued after a passerby heard a voice coming from the chimney and called police.

Hubbert was sentenced to 15 months in prison.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Looking at that deep snow pic from New York one can only wonder whythey don't have proper snow removal equipment. obviously a (I believe it was a 71 if my remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong) original correct 71 with a original correct CC42 blower would have gone through those drifts with no problem in hi gear & hi in the creeper to! and probably blown the snow out into the ocean where it would have formed a glacier or a ice burg or something. probably would cause a ship to sink or flooding somewhere.

John W., the hydraulic lift option will also fit onto your 70. The cost is what ever the seller wants for it. *See the little note above in the header info to this page about value of items.*

Here's what they look like.
15585.jpg

Wyatt..,Kraig
it had a sump baffle, if i remember it right... that pic was from 1989, i had put a set of ASC McLaren wheels on it off of my friend's ASC McL Capri S/N 86 so it would pass inspection... i regularly ran the goofy p245/65vr390 TRXa's on it... that engine was after the 1st time i blew it up... made a good ashtry outta the piston... the last rebuild sported a SVO rollercam, SVO clutch (the stock one would last 1 month), svo turbo w/ water cooled center, and a holley 400 cfm 4bbl grafted on the stock manifold. i switched the stock tranny for a regular 4 banger for better gear ratios, as the stock 1st was 4.1:1, while the other was 3.7:1.. that thing with good gas on a cool morning with boost turned up to 18 psi used to spin the tires at 60 in 3rd gear....

CubCubCubCubCubCubCubCubCubCubCubCubCub

(OT disclaimer)

Aw man, I found out my previous employer (Waukesha Engine) has a new president, the past president of GM-EMD. (railfans know what that is). Many folks I worked with came from EMD.
(EDIT) oops, make that GE Locomotive

Scott-
I was thinking those were the ASC wheels. Was your car a factory "wing delete turbo"???

(Message edited by wcompton on February 04, 2004)

wyatt

you mean the hatch wing? i dunno... it never had one... needed one, though... at about a buck-twenty, the rear got a little (no, make that a lot) squirrely... i bought a wreck for parts, and didn't have a wing on that either. the '79's had a different hood scoop... you'll notice mine is on backwards to clear the moroso air cleaner...

Latest posts

Back