• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 04, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. I am in seventh heaven tonight. Yesterday, I was able to bring my 125 back home after having to sell it a year and a half ago. Too tired to unload it last night, I got my first ride this morning. WOW... I couldn't believe just how much I missed that little fella. Yes, it is somewhat sad that I had to part with the 104 and one of my Originals to get it only... once again I have the 125 back. Now to get the lights and Brinly on it. When I put him in the garage, I could almost feel him smile and want to shout for joy. It didn't take long for the Original to introduce him to the Massey 10. I sure wish I could supply some pics.

Richard T. -

Hate to ruin your fun: http://www.snopes.com/crime/justice/grambo.htm

As they say, never believe everything you get in an e-mail
wink.gif

Could someone please post a picture of a spring asist on a n.f. (123)? A manual pic will be fine, I just need to know the location of the front bracket (on the bar the handle is attached to.)Thanks Tyler

Oh yeah; my buddy and I started on the blade Friday night, it looks great- I will post a pic tomarrow. I think that you will be impressed considering a couple people were expecting one built out of a 2x8; or was it a 2x10??

Kraig how many seconds did the wooden rear bade hold up?
biggrin.gif

Didn't do any cubbin today... My Fix Or Repair Daily felt that it needed attention more. Question, why did ford put the oil filter DIRECTLY ABOVE the stupid front pumkin?}

Rich P & Dave K:
Thanks for responding. Interestingly, this K321 has the same size intake & exhaust valves, yet it came with a #26 carb. When the engine returns from the rebuilder, I'll check out the intake port relative to the carb's throat. I'll probably use the #30 carb off of the K341 it's replacing anyway.
Thanks again,
Keith

Magnetic Switch, What is the purpose and how does it operate?
Thanks for all your knowledge guys, I usually get the answer here.
Herb

Also, Will an origional fit in the bed of a Toyota Tacoma?

Herb:

Here is a diagram of a Starter Solenoid (Magnetic Sw)

25511.jpg

When you turn the ignition switch to the start position, it energizes this solenoid (Magnet) and pulls up on a plunger. This inturn will make the heavy duty contacts come together, completing a circuit for the battery voltage to continue to the starter. This will (if starter is good) energize the starter and roll over your motor.

Hope this helps,

Roland

Herb,
A good explanation by Roland.
In short, the current required to spin a starter would "fry" an ignition switch so it's passed through the solenoid instead.

Charlie- What position is the lift handle of the photo of the helper spring that you emailed me last night? Thanks abunch

Dave K.
The only adjustment is the charge regulator valve which controls the pressure of the oil from the charge pump to the variable displacement pump. From the variable displacement pump to the motor is direct bladder connections. There is a simple block diagram of the system that I can't seem to find right now and the cutaway diagram doesn't show the implement relief valve which I assume comes from the output of the variable displacement pump because that pressure is much higher than the charge pump. All of the routing of the bladders is in the front housing and the books don't go into great depth here.

I don't know if that answers your question but I don't see anyway to control the pressure between the variable displacement pump and the motor.

Lift handle in the down position. Spring stretched so when you lift, the spring is compressed and pulls up with ya.

Here are some pictures of my weekend clamp project. I use the loader to lift and haul wood. I made a manual clamp that worked with a rope to lift and gravity to clamp. This hydraulic clamp will work much better. I think I am going to weld teeth on the clamp. I also might try spring loading the clamp off the cylinder. If the load shifts the clamp looses its grip. I am using the implement lifting cylinder for the clamp cylinder. I won't be using both at the same time. There are three bolts holding the clamp on. Its easy to install and remove. Check my profile for a picture of the loader.
25518.jpg

25519.jpg

25520.jpg

25521.jpg

(Message edited by tcbusch on February 06, 2005)

Terry "B",
Very ingenuous! The "Grapple" looks like a winner! I think a couple of "bucking spikes" like the ones used on chain saws would be a big help.

Does anyone know what the distance from the center of the drive cup bore to the top of the horizontal surface on the frame of a 104 should be? I'm trying to fit a stationary wide base 301 into my 104.

Just to let everbody know Joe M & Dave C came over & found the problem , It is a busted input shaft, It cracked right were it enters the trane and it was very diffacult to see. Thanks to them and the rest of your cub family for all your help.
Bill Fowler

By bill fowler (Bfowler) on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 07:47 pm:

I have a problem with my 1968 model 124 cub.The driveshaft spins fine, but the rear wheels won't turn,unless i push down on the clutch/brake pedal approx half way to a certain position. i have no brakes and the brake lever adjusting screw is in all the way. I need support in repair manuels,whats wrong , and how to approach the problem. I repaired the driveshaft a few years ago and all spring pins are o.k. the rear wheels attemt to move in all gears when i put the clutch pedal in just the right spot.I am willing to call any one by phone, thanks bill

Kraig-
Do you have any pictures of the forklift that Kelley Birkey made from a Quietline? Thanks abunch, me and a buddy are going to try to make one; forgot to take a pic of blade.

Does anybody know if I can reverse the motor so I can run 3 reverse gears & 1 foward for my fork truck me & my buddy are going to build? Thanks again Tyler

Richard C. / Dave K.

A clarification on the hydro lift curcuit. The lift curcuit is not run off of the variable displacement pump...it is run off of the charge pump.

There are 2 relief valves, charge pump and lift on a hydro equipped with hyd. lift ports. The charge pump relief is plumed in series with the hyd spool valve ans is set at +/-200#. These two components are then (as a unit) plumbed in parallel with the lift relief. Both outlets dump to the reservior.

Under normal operating conditions (no lift) the 200# charge pump relief regulates charge pressure at 200# by dumping excess oil thru the open center of the hyd. spool valve to the reservoir.

When the spool valve is moved to the "lift" position, oil can no longer flow thru the "open" center of the valve and begins to push on the piston.......oil does not "dump" back to the reservoir and therefore the charge pump relief valve becomes useless, as it becomes and open piece of pipe and pressure within the system rises. The pressure rises untill is reaches the setpoint of the implement lift relief valve (in parallel with the spool valve). At it's set point (500-700#), the implement relief opens and dumps excess flow/pressure to the reservoir, regulating the lift pressure at the valve's setpoint.

Anyway, implement lift pressure comes from the charge pump only....besides at "N" the hyd. lift wouldn't work if it were driven off of the varriable displacement drive pump.

Dave,

The only thing limiting the pressure on the main drive pump/motor is the tollerances on the piston bores/etc. and the quality of the check valve seating surface/spring

Latest posts

Back