• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay I got the 104 running after sitting about 10 years. I have found that some bonehead (me) hooked the v/r up wrong, and also found out that the starter solenoid has gone south. At least its running. It will only run at half throttle and fully choked, and I'm not too sure the govenor is even working right or at all. The carb leaks like a sieve and it sure is loud without a muffler on it! At least its running and I can go from there!
buttrock.gif

PTO talk...
whistling.gif
A little something to think about. Back in the early 1960s my second cousin inherited a rather large sum of money from his Dad's estate. He was an interesting person to say the least and definintely three bricks short of a four brick load when it came to common sense. One of the items of interest he bought other than the first 5010 John Deere in eastern Iowa was a used Shephard diesel tractor and a new grinder mixer to go with it. We went to visit his family one late summer afternoon and I vaguely remember walking around this strange looking orange tractor and then going off to play with their kids. I remember for years after my Dad telling the "rest of the story." My cousin (in his early 40s or thereabout fired up the Shephard after telling my Dad how powerful it was. He let it run a couple of minutes then revved up to full throttle and told my Dad to, "Watch this." Without further adieu he engaged the pto lever. The tractor's pto was hooked to the grinder mixer. A muffled SNAP and the tractor's pto snapped off right at the seal. My cousin looked at my Dad, shut the tractor off and simply shrugged his shoulders and said, "Guess that was a dumb thing to do." The tractor and mixer sat in that spot never to be moved until it and everything else was repossessed. Without saying exactly how much money the inheritance was I'll just say this. The surrounding community gave him ten years to go through the money. My folks gave him five years. He surprised everyone and went through it in under a year and a half.

Still can't get that danged film footage of Fancy riding with me on his Cub Cadet 1650. May have to try something this weekend.

Dennis I can still hear my Mom saying WMAQ's gonna make me rich, when she answered the phone. Thanks for reminding me.

Hi!...I'm new at this. Have a CC 105 that I was pulling a disk with. Stopped (to move some logs)by using the brake pedal which moved the shift lever to neutral. When I got back on it wouldn't move. It will freely move by lowering the lower right lever or lock up if move the lever up. Any ideas from someone would certainly be helpful. Thanks for any help.

Joe,
You probably have a worn piece of linkage that gave way, most likely one of the ball joint ends of a linkage piece gave way. Easiest way to find out is to crawl underneath and see if anything is hanging down. Another possibility is a sheared roll pin on the driveshaft, or one of the flexible "rag" joints.

If you're lucky you might be able to pop the linkage back into place and tie it down somehow and at least get her home, but you'll have to remove the fender assembly to gain access to most of the linkage.

Dennis F. I hope I haven't caused you too much suffering with my mechanical PTO comments.

My electrical versus mechanical PTO, along with zig zag cubs versus quietlines posts, are really a running joke between Kraig and me. It's all in good fun as far as I'm concerned, I sure hope Kraig feels the same.

That said I believe both types of PTO's are good. My point was that the majority of time on the forums is spent trying to help people with problems with their mechanical PTO's.

I always enjoy a good discussion on any topic as long as it stays civil and logical.

One benefit of the mechanical PTO's that I have to give you is the ability to slip the PTO when you energize it. It doesn't seem to hurt them. With the electrical PTO's I never energize them unless the engine is at idle.

help, i just got my hands on a 1h 1200 cub that has been sitting i cant get it to start yet i have fuel and spark. but cant get it to start. thanks for any help james barrow

Richard, I have a 59M shredder that I have used on my 106. I was thinking of putting it on my 1650 because of the extra power to shred larger branches. I have not done this yet due to the idea of trying to start all that mass so quickly. That is one item you will not start at an idle. I also do not like trying to stop that mass with the brake on the electric clutch. I have seen Art use his 59M on his 1450 and just covered my ears when he would start and stop it at the plow day we attended. I may try to put it on my 149 when I get it running again.

Wes Heinsohn,
How big of a branch will that 59M shredder handle?
ihrotate.gif

I think I've spent more money replacing one bad electric PTO clutch than I did fixing about 8 or 9 mechanical ones. My dad is on electric clutch #3 in our zero turn.

Back