• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 05, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teroberts

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Tom Roberts
Kraig,
Thank you for your help.
The deck turns and is cutting now ( turned the belt around ) but if I lower the deck to where any of the wheels are touching it scalps the lawn. When the height of the grass is right the front roller and both back wheels are off the ground. The deck slants forward but all the play has been taken out of the hanger eyes.
Could I have something upside down?
I dont believe I removed anything but the deck and the pin that goes all the way through the front part.

Pic from PD 17
72, 1000, 122, 104
151212.jpg

TIMOTHY T. - Way back many years ago I started using Valvoline in all My cars/trucks & even used it in the CC 72 for about 15 yrs. until 1996. One of My first driving jobs was running ready-mix cement trucks, they'd sit around and idle for hours then get the daylights wrung out of them on the road for a half hour, then idle for another hour. Company used Valvoline Series III diesel oil and had great luck keeping their Cummins engines running. I had great luck with it also, until one night, in a brand new Mustang GT 5.0L HO car, I was leaving Michigan Int'l Raceway in Brooklyn, MI for home late on a Sunday afternoon after a NASCAR race, about 350 miles away and the car was close to a quart low on oil. I bet I stopped at two dozen gas stations looking for a quart of Valvoline 10W-40 and could not find a single place that had any. I could have bought a semi-load of Pennzoil. For the next 120,000 miles there were two quarts of Valvoline 10W-40 stuffed into the rear hatch area of that car till We finally sold it.

ANYHOW, I now use Rotella because it's available at just about any sizable truck stop, Wal-mart, even some grocery stores. It's also really good oil.

RON S. - I'm pretty sure VISCOSITY OIL who makes Hy-Tran for Case/IH also makes all their motor oils. The engine oil topic was hashed out a month or so ago over at the RPM site. On ALL the older IH tractors up until Case/IH started using Cummins or "CDC" engines and recommended 15W-40, most of the mechanics all agreed that for high load heavy-duty use IH LOW Ash 30W oil will protect an IH engine better than ANY oil made. Most of the tractor pullers even used it. It's good stuff. Dad switched all His Cubbies over to it several years ago and even a couple that were getting tired and burning a bit of oil stopped using as much oil and ran noticibly better.

well you are talking oil and i`am looking for a points saver and coil,plug wires.how does one get in touch with Kirk Engines the link above don`t work and i need wires .I wanted to out fit my loader with all new so if someone here could post a link! thanks Don T
old.gif

Hay good day. the front rims on the 125 don't wont to hold a baring. I hard that you need to shim them. My question is if i buy new ones will they need shimmed to.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hey guys and gal. I'm sure that this has been beat to death at some point on the forum, and I sorta remember seeing it but, what is a good way to re-cover the pto handle on a 104. It is that flat one that had a rubber covering on it (old style?). I think I saw someone had used that plastidip stuff but some had suggested a better idea. What would you suggest?
I also got the lift arm on the 104 and a few of the small parts. The lift arm handle isnt too great and I was wondering if a good polishing compound would take the corrosion off or was that originally chromed? I still havent gotten too far on the K but will try to get it within the next 2 weeks, it is still sitting in pieces in oil soaked rags till then. Still buying parts from forum members and I wanted to say a big huge THANK YOU! I dont think I would have gotten this far without your help! (and a patient wife!)

Matt, that IS a good idea!!!

Don, I tried the Kirk Engines link and it worked here, maybe your internet provider is overloaded or just in a high traffic time when downloads are at a minimum.

I don't know the name of the stuff but there was some liquid rubber coating that you can dip tool handles in, seen it at Lowes, maybe that would work ?

Scott S the page that comes up doesn`t go to a part list , just that page and thats all I get. I have cable internet 15mb so i don`t think that is the problem.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I tried the cc supply room sit to and same thing I thought it was me.
any idea on rims should i just get new one.

Mike M.
Myron doesn't have an inventory style website just yet, if you need something, give him a call and he'll fix you up I'm sure.

Kraig, thanks for the follow-up.
Jim T, What do you know about the pictures you posted on the original front clutch linkage?

Mowing shots. Sharpened the blades with a hand file, greased the spindles, wrestled her on to the underframe, and I'm in business.

buttrock.gif

151228.jpg

151229.jpg

151230.jpg

151231.jpg

Charlie,
Sure looks like it. I guess that way he can say Damn that looks good without turning around.

Looks like your getting a really nice cut there Mike. Nice job.

Back