• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 05, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago a supplier I dealt with in Waukesha, WI. had an open house to show off their new machining & inspection building, company was called Wisconsin Centrifugal Casting at the time. Son & I both went to the open house, He would have been about 15-17 yrs old at the time. They made the SOLAR turbine engine turbine housings for SOLAR then, now owned by CAT. Little rough casting maybe 15-18 inches in dia. and maybe two feet long weighed close to 200#. Next to it they had several turbine housings they make & machine for General Electric for commercial jet engines. They were about 3-1/2 to 4 ft long and over two feet in diameter but only weighed sixty pounds. Same type of metal, an Inconel alloy if I remember right but the GE's housing was as thin as .060" some places and SOLAR's was two inches.
Anyhow, to get this back on topic, Wisc. Centrifugal was only a couple miles away from IH's own Waukesha Foundry where they cast ductile iron castings & machined them.

KRAIG - one of the last times I talked to Wyatt he mentioned He still had the Capri but it's in storage too far away to work on.

Mike Fisher,
Looks like you live near the Homewood Metra stop.
--Ray

All,
How far down off the deck are the gauge wheels set? The owners manual says to set them above the "lever" surface. Is that a typo?
--Ray

Kraig,
It's casual Wednesday, It's allowed!
beerchug.gif

Casual Wednesday, I can tell by the way that 1450 is dressed. (Still in it's long johns)

sorry charlie, but..but.. I did mention IH!! And cubz! A little...
banned1.gif

Kraiq,

I thought your freshly painted PTO handle was going to be a model for the picture of one of the covers that Charlie has, I though I remember seeing that at one time....
dunno.gif
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back