• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 14, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KRAIG - Another thing I've noticed with my verticle straightpipe is compared to the old muffin-shaped muffler I ran on the K241 for years, that stray tree branches sneek under the hood and idle the engine down by brushing against the governor linkage. I'm about ready to make a side cover for the 72. Or at least something to cover the governor linkage.

I suppose I could just prume My trees but My Buddy says You shouldn't prume trees in "Months without an R in them" I always kid Him I prune in the months of Jurly and Argust.

Denny, I've had branches jam in under the side of the hood and actually nudge the high speed carb adjustment and mess up how the engine was running, the first time that happened it took awhile to figure out what had happened.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I have pruned my trees since then. In fact I just pruned them last week. I can't have branches scratching Killer's paint job.
icon_eek.gif

What kind of paint should I use to paint the steering wheel for my 100? Anybody got any suggestions for something durable?

Matt, I used black Ace brand Epoxy Appliance paint on the steering wheel on my Original. Not sure about it's long term durability but it looks nice now. I also used it on the foot rests for my in progress 125 refurb. (I had the foot rests on my Original, K4K, powder coated several years back when Travis S. was having some stuff done. I would have used the appliance paint on them also had I not had them powder coated...)

frank snerd,

An exhaust leak is anywhere you exhaust leaks out of the system before exiting the exhaust. I marked the area that appears to have a leak. Do you see how the exhaust pipe is sorta shiny? It is not at all the same as the rest. And because it is at the clamp that is a good place for one to occur.
162664.jpg

If the hot gases are leaking out there they could very well be heating your carburetor and fuel causing a vapor lock. I hope I said that right.

I went to put on my hood latches on the 129. They look to be about an inch too short. These were sold as being for a wide frame. Am I missing something or are they too short?
162666.jpg

I finally got the mower deck installed on the Original and cut the grass. Cut real nice. Nick
162671.jpg

162672.jpg

Never mind. They are correct. I guess you just have to be smarter that they are.
bash.gif
blush.gif

Latest posts

Back