• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 15, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me if a GA42AU1111 snow blower will fit on a 122? I can't seem to find any specifics on this model.

More problems.....I have a 1200 with a bad clutch driver and am trying to fint a replacement. Does anyone know what other model of Cubs would fit a 1200?

I just mounted my snow plow on my 782. Has anyone modified the front mounting ears so that there is more strenth in the front end? This set up works, but seems a bit flimsy. I also cannot fit the washers on with the QA pins anymore, so I need to bend things back into shape.

Thanks.

I have cleaned the bottom of my two 44A mower decks in preparation for painting them so any rust that has started is stopped and making it easier to clean come mowing season 2006. Is there any specific coating that anyone can recommend?

Gene P.
I paint the bare metal with Dupli Color truck bed liner paint.

32359.jpg

I get it at Wally world. I clean the deck up as good as I can and then put on a couple of coats.

32360.jpg

Here is what one looked like at the end of the year after I cleaned it up. They clean up is fairly easy. You can see the wear where the sand kicked up by the blades wore the paint off. I just repaint them and they are ready for the next year. I probably should add that it is normally pretty dry when I am mowing.

32361.jpg

Looking for info on the IH snowmobile style trailer made in the 70's. One of the model #'s was 1200, and they were painted yellow. I would like to find one as I picked up and delivered many Cub Cadets with one in 1982,83, and 84. Curious if anybody knows if Harvester made them or purchased them and added their name plate. I would like to see pictures if anyone owns one. They also made a tandem axle style. I have some pics of the 1200 style a friend of mine owns in Kentucky that I'll post soon.

Thanks "Shade Tree Mechanic." Do I need to apply a rust stopper or primer before the Truck Bed Coating? I called and our Walmart has the product you mentioned, $6.96 a can. Will I need a can for each of my 44A mower decks at a couple coats each? I too mow only when the grass is dry. Dick, many thanks for the info. I plan on doing the job tomorrow because my decks are very nicely cleaned now.

Ken S,
If you mean a QA42A, yes it will fit.

Todd C.
If your talking about #8 in this pic, the 1000,1200 and 800 will work for ya.
32369.jpg

Gene P.

I just apply straight on the metal after cleaning them up good. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put some rust preventer on it, but I have never had a problem. I do live in Arizona though. I think I probably use about a can and 1/2 for each 44a deck the first time I do it. At the end of the year I clean them up good and then just do a touch up on the wear spots.

Thanks Digger, I got the info from a tag that was pictured on a snow thrower on epay. I figured it was the same as a QA42A but wasn't sure.

Charlie:
Thanks for the comment regarding rebuilding the blower before putting on a smaller pulley.
That is a good thing to keep in mind.
I did put in new bearings. The old ones were gone. The rest seems to be ok. I went with a 3 1/2 inch pulley instead of the 3. If this is not enough speed I will go to the 3.
Earl L

Shade Tree.........I just purchased 2 cans and read the labels. Says no primer is necessary, apply to cleaned bare metal. So, that's the way I will do it.... when I can make the proper temp (68-90) degree range for application. It's now 28 degrees here in ol' Rochester, NY, home of many many old IH Cub Cadets. Again, thanks for the help on this.

So here I go thinkin out loud again!
I was thinking today why since cast iron weighs about 442 pounds per cubic foot and lead weighs 700+, why no one has cast/poured lead weights in the shape of IH Cub weights.
Seems a logical solution to me to get almost twice the weight out of the same size wheel weight, but maybe not!
deadat30.gif

Digger
BTDT (sort of) Collected used weights from the local tire shops. Searched flea markets for correct size cast iron pot. Suspended pot over charcoal grill. Built big fire. Dropped in weights til pot was full. Set aside to cool. Drilled holes for bolts and mounted up.
CAUTION MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH!
Jerry

Digger
Sorry no pics...This was back in the 1980's
They fit inside the rim, snugged up against the lug bolts. That way the valve stem wasn't an issue. Sears Custom 8 HP Garden Tractor (my first) Plowed a lot of snow back then with that setup. Now we rarely get any good snows.
Jerry

Just a little FYI...

I tried Richard Christensen's bed liner trick on my deck last season and I didn't work out so well for me, but I think that's due to the amount of moisture up here in Maine. The past spring was one of the rainiest on record too, so that didn't help.

The grass kind of fused to the paint and the only way it came off what to take the paint with it!

I was really bumeb, it worked so well for Richard ...

Matt

Recently picked up a rear pto option for a narrow frame. I believe it came out of a 70. Can I put this in, lets say a 100, that has a 3pt hitch? I really want to put this in my 100 because it has several options, but I use the 3pt a lot. Have lots of CCs, but they all have 3pt hitchs. Thanks in advance.

I cleaned up my hydro tractors (129 and 1650) today and replaced the transmission oil filter on each. I noticed one of the 5 blades on the plastic cooling fan is missing on the 1650. Must this be replaced or can I get by with it like that? Looks like a project to replace it.

Are wheel weights from the front wheels of a Farmall Cub the same as the IH Cub Cadet rear wheel weights?

Latest posts

Back