• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 23, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chad M. -

Unless one makes their own implements for it, there's not much use for the rear PTO on the older Cub Cadets. They spin the wrong direction and at the wrong speed. However, one can pay thru the nose and get a reverser. Pics for Chad anyone?

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> branded implements for Cub Cadets can be found in the CPE-2 implement parts book.

Other vendors made implements that fit Cub Cadets or attached to sleeve hitches.

An exhaustive list? I don't know of anyone putting one together, unless it's in Charlie's FAQ.

Here's some more pics of the 100/x7/original...All of you with keen eyes will pick out the "whats wrong in this picture"
Charlie..You should have a field day with this...
I'll be surprised if you don't get them all
28883.jpg

28885.jpg

28886.jpg

28884.jpg

Chad...Don't have anything in mind to run off the P.T.O. but was kickin' around the idea of Cub powered Margarita machine or be able to turn rotisserie on a hog cooker....
The older retired guy I bought it from got done putting it together and rode it around the yard for fun and then decided to sell it...He said the N.O.S. 8 horse replacement motor has only 12 or so hours on it....All I wanted it for was the rear end...I figured when I heard about it it would be a basket case...<font size="-2">well, it kinda is</font>

(Message edited by krandall on June 27, 2005)

Other than the perforated seat, definitely the Original fenders with chopped up Original mounting. And of course it looks like it has a 8HP engine.

Hmmm - then there's some kinda plate stuck in where the 3-point casting would go, and it looks like a piece of angle iron slapped under the SG? Oh, wait, there's 2 pieces - he used angle-iron to mount the SG to the frame instead of the Kohler bracket???

You are correct Bryan...The goofy thing was he had an Original there that he's had for a long time and instead of using these great fenders he had installed a pair off a Sears mower on it...Insted he took these complete Original fenders and cut the back rail of the pan and mounted it under the 100 seat base...That's the metel you see..My picture angle does make it look worse than it is...at least with the S/G mount he used existing holes in the frame.. If you look closer there's more...
He owns bout 10 more Cubs and none of them have wrong model parts on them except for this one and the Original...Don't know why he did what he did but just because you CAN work on a Cub does'nt mean you SHOULD....

Well that's strange - the forum says that my JPEG is an invalid file type, yet it's been posted by me before. Oh well...

Kurt R. -

And to think that I figured it all out WITHOUT (from what I hear) peeking across the street
wink.gif

Oh Bryan...Now that was just hurtful...
bottom.gif
I like all creatures great and small..<font size="-2">no matter which side of the street they're on</font>

Terry B...Your trip took you to within 10 miles of C&G ...Should have stopped. I had free CC tractor parts day recently.....

Terry,

You were within 20 miles of me twice.....right between I-74 at Peoria and I-39 north of Bloomington.

Here one picture that I found of the Rear PTO reverser. This one was posted across the street a while back. It is made by hub city, it bolts right up to the 10 spline rear PTO's in farmall cubs, lo-boys, and cub cadets and is a 1:1 ratio.

<font color="ff0000">While we appreciate the picture, we have an agreement with Mark Bowersox - we won't post pictures that are posted on their site and they won't post pictures that are posted here. Unless, of course, you are the person that took the original photo - then you can post it wherever you like.</font>

I was wondering if any of you know the magic setting on the transmission linkages that allows the brake to be set without the tractor trying to move forward. I finally have the hydro rod in "N", but when I step on the brake, it moves forward, and so does the tractor. I am deeply confused and about to push the tractor in the creek.

Thanks.

FALL PLOW DAY Question?????

Is anyone going to step up to the plate for a Plow Day this Fall?????

Especially you guys in Northern IL and Southern WI??????

Cub Cadet 102
Thanks for all the info. Got the rear end leak fixed. Looks solid. Also got the Ignition figured out. Starts up and runs nice.
2 questions...For now

My Manuals show a rear PTO can this be added to my 102?
Second...I have whats left of a drive belt for the mower, but cannot get an accurate measurement on it. The previous owner had a 25 1/2" x 3/8" belt written in the book, but the book doesnt specify the size. I tried a 26" belt and its not gonna make it. What size is it?

Thanks Again...This is a great site...I think I am getting Hooked

Steve T.

You need a shop manual for your tractor. In the manual there is a detailed procedure for adjusting the slotted cam bracket mount on the left front side of the hydro for propper "Neutral". Explaining the process without the manual is somewhat difficult.

Do not push the tractor into the river, it's just a few tweaks away from perfection.

Steve T,
I can't remember who first posted this but assuming that your working on a WF.

To fix it, here's what you need:

Socket for tunnel cover, 9/16 wrench, punch, and LFH.

Take off the tunnel cover:

Next loosen the two bolts holding the linkage. They have a "U" in the top and bottom. Pull the linkage all the way to the top and "snug" up the top bolt.

Jack up the tractor so both wheel rears are off the ground. BLOCK that baby so she can't move - wheels and side to side so it won't tip. Move all valuables away from tractor.

Start tractor and throttle up about a quarter. Use hammer and punch to tap down linkage until wheels stop turning. Shut her down and tighten both bolts. Lower tractor. Replace tunnel cover.
Enjoy troublefree operation. Celebrate by spinning donuts in gravel. (optional)
================================================================
The book says With the tractor rasied off the ground to raise the cam bracket to the top, loosely tighten the bolts and then I believe they leave out to put it in neutral, then start the engine and tap the Cam bracket down until the wheels stop turning.

Then they say to put it in forward and then step on the brake to put it back in neutral, lock it and if the hydro is straining to punch the cam bracket up or down to stop it.

Also the speed control cam (neutral return) should not bottom out when you push the brake down, if it does you need to adjust the clevis on the neutral return rod.

Once you get the cam bracket adjusted you can adjust the linkage to the speed control lever. If there is much wear on the control linkage you will never get the lever to return to neutral from both Forward and Reverse, you just have to go for a happy medium.

Kraig- If I would have known ya was passing through I would have had the wife whip up a batch of bars for ya and I would have had a fresh pot of coffee on to chase them down. Thanks for reminding me to have her make them sometime soon, I need to keep up my "girlish" figure ya know
roflol.gif

Terry- ya where within 16 miles of my place when ya where cruising I35.

Jeff W.
A rear PTO can be added to your 102, but rear PTO's on cub cadets spin backwards and at I believe 515 rpms only. What kind of deck do you have and are you looking for the belt that goes around the spindles or from the PTO to the deck.

Kurt R. -

Hurtful? That I didn't peek somewhere where it was already discussed all day, thus I answered it off the top of my head? My goodness...

Not that I should have to explain it to anyone, but it's enough work moderating things around THIS place, I surely have no time to be poking around anywhere else.

I have a 48" deck and I am looking for a measurement for the drive belt from the PTO. The deck seems to be in decent shape. I think I have the deck hanging correctly, but the belt size mentioned is way to small.

Thanks

Back