• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard, nice progress on the 1650!
thumbsup.gif

Seeing as no one is posting Plow Day photos, I'll post some progress photos of K4K.

After spending several hours yesterday morning and afternoon cutting firewood I decided I should spend the evening working on K4K. I got the 3 point installed. I also got the grill frame primed and painted. I didn't want the grill setting around where it would get dinged up so I decided I should just go ahead and install it. I couldn't resist installing the grill screen and <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> emblem. I also got several wire clips cleaned up primed and painted. I'll need to get some heat shrink on them next. I got most of the hood cleaned up. Just a little bit of paint left on the inside of the hood to remove then it'll be time to prime it and see if I need to use any body filler on the typical dents at front by the hood ornament.

94385.jpg

94386.jpg

94387.jpg

94388.jpg

Scott T. I know you can remove the hydro tube at the front and drain the fluid, but my point is if the tractor is 30 years old and unless you know its history you are better off to pull the rear plate and give it a good cleaning.

That's the beauty of the Cub over some other hydro tractors. Several bolts and the rear plate is off and you can give it a good cleaning. I've never found one that didn't look better after a good cleaning and the cost of the gasket is cheap insurance.

Kraig Nice job on K4K, I hope your not forgetting to add some paint runs to make it look original.

Richard, I agree, the question was regarding a drainplug... Any tractor, (or vehicle) when you first get it should be gone through with all new fluids. You never know how much the PO did not read the manual... I found that draining it through the hydro tube first makes less of a mess when removing the rear cover...

Richard, yep, there's a run on the drawbar, you can just make it out in the photo below. There's also a run on the inside of one of the fenders and there's one on the inside of the grill shell.
proud.gif

Kraig-
Glad to hear you're keeping that Original "factory fresh" with runs. Way to go!
beer2.gif

Bill C-
Thanks for posting that contact info for the plating. It's nice to know someone who can do the hood ornaments because nobody around here that I know of will touch them.

Kraig;K4K is looking nice. I have one in primer and am dreading paint and assembly.
Richard you are correct about draining the fluid. I bought A 147 that had been worked hard and never had anything done except the engine oil changed. In mar. 08 i changed the factory filter and oil. It sure needed cleaning in the differental.

<font face="arial,helvetica"></font>
Bill Cook,
Thanks for the information. I'll give them a call this week and see what thet can do for me.
greenthumb.gif
}
Larry
wave.gif

Scott T. I agree a drain plug would be nice, but after the first time you get hydro fluid all over the floor you get pretty good at cracking open the rear plate at the bottom into a large pan.

With a drain plug I'm afraid more people would be inclined to just pull the plug and not finish the job with a good cleaning inside.

Had a Chevy S10 Blazzer once and to change the filter and transmission fluid you had to remove the pan bolts, juggle the pan full of fluid and bring it back over a cross member and down to the ground and try not to spill every last drop. A drain plug in that pan would have been really nice.

I do wish the Cubs had a magnet inside the rear end like automotive transmissions do to collect the small metal filings.

Richard...
I hear ya... Nowadays, on a new car, the first tranny flud change gets a hole drilled into the pan to drain the oil..
the pan then gets a drainplug welded in for future use...
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back