• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Kraig-
Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't just keep that hydro-release hold-down on the wide frame tractors doesn't it?

I guess that's just one more reason some folks consider the later narrow frames "perfection".
Slant Tongue.gif

<font size="-2">Note: The mention of "narrow frame perfection" in the above post in no way represents or is intended to represent the author's opinion. As a matter of fact, the author feels the need to make it perfectly clear that he will NEVER feel as though ANY of the narrow frame tractors represent anything other than "growth fodder" for the more capable WIDE FRAME tractors!</font>

<font size="-2">Any questions?.............I didn't think so!</font>
draw.gif

You know what Cub Cadet I like?

The one I'm setting on at the time you ask me!

I wanted to ride around today, so on my lunch hour I went home and spike aerated the back yard with the 100. Maybe tomorrow I'll get time to do the front yard. (after all the running around my wife has planned in the morning...)

well i think I got lost on the 147 as a wide frame Cub because my 147 is a narrow frame and does not have hood latches like my 149.I would like to get a set of hood latches for the 149 but haven`t seen them for sale (yet) here is my 149 and 147. Later Don T
94346.jpg

and the 147 has different latches!
94347.jpg

I was up to get my pan seat for my 2nd O repaired. he welded the pain that i don`t think it will show when painted.
94351.jpg

and made these brackets up. I know there not IH but i need something to hold the battery.
94352.jpg

i Know i posted a shot of the 149 and 147 together but all i see is the 147. Whats up? later Don T
94355.jpg

Don, I think your 'puter is busted. Your first pix has 2 tractors, the second has 2 also. Since I wear bifocals, I'm good to go !
old.gif

Don T,

Your hood latches on your 149 are there. I see them in your pictures.

Ron R. PO cut the ends off to open the hood. So i have to use a bungee cord. I hate rattles.
whistling.gif

Anybody know what viscosity hytran is? I'm trying to see if it'll work in another application.

okay okay I have a 149 with the hydro release hold down .This is my first WF did they come that
way?

<font size="+2">2008 ROANOKE, IL PLOW DAY INFORMATION</font>

<font size="+2">IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!!!!</font>

It MAY be necessary to move the date for the plow day in Roanoke back several weeks due to delays in harvest due to the late planting, recent heavy rains, and overall condition of the crops. I hate to even bring this up this early, but it is a real possibility that we will not have finished harvest by 10/18/08. Most corn in this area is still at or above 30% moisture and I have yet to see a machine in the field shelling corn, seed corn harvest has barely started.

I hope we don't have to move the date, but want you all to have advanced notice of what's going on just in case we do need to.

I will post more info in a few weeks when we have a better idea of what is going on.

Please be patient and understanding.

Thanks!!!!

Steve

Working on the rebuild of the 1650, finished painting the frame today.

94362.jpg

I really like the color of this School Bus Yellow paint.

94363.jpg

Don't know what I would do without my hoist.

94364.jpg

Cleaning up the rear end and hydro.

94367.jpg

The usual wear problem on the trunion shaft bracket.

94365.jpg

A little mig work and some filing and ready to go.

94366.jpg

<font face="arial,helvetica"></font>
Does anyone know where I can get a set of orginal chrome hub caps re-chromed?

Larry
bash.gif

morning all! does anyone have a color by number chart for painting Cubs? been trying to get my 73 painted back to factory specs. I want to get the right parts colored the right colors.

Richard, nice thing about the AZ heat is I bet the paint doesn't take long to dry huh.

Lookin' good!!

Richard, I've been using the school bus yellow also. It's Ace brand, they also have a yellow primer I tried. I don't think I like the yellow primer though, it doesn't cover as well as the color coat. It seems to take quite a while to dry real good but I like the results. <font size="-2">although I am legally color blind </font>

yes, brendan, i have. all i see are the paint colors, not the actual parts to be painted.

Latest posts

Back