• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 16, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shift.gif
DAVE,
You have a good lookin set of rubber on the rear of your 71 also! I still get my 71 out to mow with. It still does a nice job of mowing and I can actually finish my lawn quicker with it than my 1450, because it goes between trees and such my 1450 won't and I have less trimming.
ROD

Problem, 1450 have changed carburetors 3 times and reset governor 5 times, adjusted to specs then altered spring position different ways. It will start at idle fine, slight throttle increase fine go to increase throttle to almost 1/2 and it goes wide open. I have tried about everything I know I am beginning to believe that before I got Cub someone did something wrong with governors got any ideas? Checked timing good, point’s new, coil, and condenser new. Motor was supposed to be gone through.

Joe Lewis

Could be the tab has let go on the governor arm inside the engine. i know on a 14 hp in a 149 if you take the cam cover off you can see if its working. i don`t know if your 14 is the same.The governor is the first thing to be installed in a rebuild and would have to come completely apart to replace it.I built a 149 here and had the same problem with all new parts and had to install another governor to get the 14 k working correctly. Usually just over idle you get wot btdt.

I'm posting pictures of my confuguliated 782 fitted with a 46" MTD mowing deck. I recently discovered that there was a major problem with this deck as it is installed in my tractor. I'm posting pictures of the deck as it was installed on the tractor when I received it gratis. There are three things wrong with the installation, two of which caused the following mowing symptom: In heavy grass, the 14" center blade would continue turning, but the two 16" outer blades would lose speed and fail to cut the grass.

Again, there are two problems with the MTD deck installation, can you spot them both? For extra credit, can you propose a way to correct the problems.

I've got to go to the in-laws for a Father's Day celebration. I'll post the answer when I get back. The first person to post a correct and complete answer (three problems, two serious) will get their choice of items from my growing spare parts collection for my 149, 1250, and 782 SN 714899.

Here are the pictures of the deck installed on my tractor:

226484.jpg

226485.jpg

Have installed new governor spring and checked to see if governor shaft would rotate around it will not, normal movement. Looks like I will remove cover and see if I can see anything wrong, if not out it comes.

Jeremiah-

Comparing that to mine, I think you are missing an idler pulley on the spindle belt. You don't have much belt wrap around the center pulley, so I can see how the spindle belt would probably slip. I think you have an earlier version of that deck; mine has a different pulley setup, and the PTO belt drives a pulley that is not on one of the spindles. The rear hangers are on backwards to mine, and it appears there's something extra welded to the back of yours. That mulching plug probably isn't helping anything, either. The belt guards are missing.

Here's mine:

226487.jpg

Joe L.-

Something you might try before tearing it all apart is to adjust it past the normal reset position. The manual talks about which way to turn the shaft relative to the arm for slower or faster speed; re-set it and then turn the shaft further in the 'slow' direction. I had a tractor with a completely new governor, shaft, etc. that would not adjust right, and that's what I had to do to get it to work.

I finally got one of the 129s together as a worker. It's a slight smoker but I think the engine will last a few summers before it will need any attention. I'm having a problem with the charging system. I've tried several s/gs that all tested bad with the F terminsal to ground. I then put a known good s/g on and it tested bad as well. The v/r is new and I installed a new wiring harness. I guess I'll have to get the wiring diagram out and check everything but I did that when the tractor/dash was still apart or open.

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

The hydraulics work great. I put the back blade on to try it out and everything seems tight with no leaks (yet). After I got her running I noticed a leak from the return tube and I had almost ruined the ferrel nut by cross threading. I drained the whole thing and removed the fitting and was able to correct things with a small, sharp file on the threads. It went back in good and tight and is no longer leaking.

When I get this thing charging it'll be time to get the two 1650s out to do a little engine swapping. I have a nice body with a bad engine and vice versa on the other.

Latest posts

Back