• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in the world am I?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yepper! I didn't get a chance to tour the castle, just too much work to do.
sad.gif

We are almost half way through this years trip. Not allot of pictures this year. It has been very relaxing. A little bit of history then off to some beach. You could probably guess the history but the beach could be anywhere.
Our first destination.
89244.jpg

89245.jpg

Our second destination, Multiple roller coasters on the beach.
89246.jpg

That first picture looks like Gettysburg, The Valley of Death, Taken near Devils Den. Don't know where the beach is though.

In Terry's picture of the Valley of Death they found a very heavy sharp shooter rifle. They figure this rifle was used to shoot some of the Union leaders who were on top of Little Round Hill(where Terry was standing when he took this picture).
bazooka.gif
war.gif

Just recently a written letter was found which was written by the shooter. I think this letter was found in an old house in Texas. In this letter the sharp shooter wrote he was hit by a bullet and retreated, he had to leave behind his prized gun. He was treated for his wounds but he was unable to go back and get his gun.

They claim the color of the creek at the bottom of that hill was red from all the bloodshed.
lazerburn.gif

Also if I remember correctly something like 250 soldiers from Minnesota fought there for the Union and only 27 survived, maybe Terry has the facts...

Oh Yea Wildwood N.J. spent 10 summers there.From 3 yrs old to 13 can't mistake this for any other beach. I was there 4 years ago. All the old 50'S hotels are all gone,just a few left. On the boardwalk, "Watch the car please" Still my favorite beach. Beats Daytona Beach any day.

Vince,
The Minnesota solders fought a hard battle. Here is a link to what happened.
http://rhet5662.class.umn.edu/heroes/1stmin.html

"The First Minnesota played a pivotal role in the Battle of Gettysburg. Its heroic charge on the 2nd day saved the Union's artillery batteries on Little Round Top and Cemetery Ridge. But the successful charge brought with it a tremendous loss of life. Over 80% of the regiment was lost during this legendary engagement."

"Of the 262 men of the First Minnesota, only 47 remained unscathed. Eighty-two percent of the regiment was dead or injured. These were the highest battle casualties suffered by any Union regiment during the War. But the sacrifice had been worth it. The Union left had held."

Looks like Niagara falls American side. Showing the "brides veil" in the middle the Canadian side looks a little dry for some reason.

I was standing on the Canada side when I took the picture. I was not very impressed with the US side, although the state park was very nice. The US side downtown looked abandoned.

No tricks, here are a couple more. I was on the bridge about to enter Canada.
89411.jpg

89412.jpg

Your about to have lobster at a fishing pier?
Somewhere along the coast of Main?

Yes. Them are lobster boats in Bar Harbor (BAA-HA-BA) Maine.
cool.gif

Terry That is unbelievable !! I was there 25 years ago boy the water falls sure shortened up since then. At that time they said the falls was depreciating 2" a year I believe that now A lot of dry land between the two sides.
old.gif
Makes me feel old

This is where we spent the weekend. It was an interesting place. It looed like a mullet reunion. Anyone guess the location??
90199.jpg

90200.jpg

90201.jpg

Latest posts

Back