• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in the world am I?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure looks a lot like Eagle Harbor on the Keewenaw Peninsula to me....

Kendell-
I agree, it's gotta be somewhere on the Keewenaw Peninsula. I'd say the second picture is just over the bridge north of Houghton, MI, seems like there was the lift house for a copper mine up there but it's been about 6 years since i've been up that way.

I'll third it, that sure looks like the Keewenaw Peninsula to me too!

Nope, it's much colder here than there.

65968.jpg

65969.jpg

Looks like Door County to me, but it's not cold there right now... so I'd guess your somewhere in Maine looking at "the pond."

Its Grand Marais, MN. Its just a stones throw from Canada. Its on the shores of Lake Superior. The colors in the trees were peaking this last weekend. Its my wife's favorite place.

Kraig, I thought you might guess. I thought you had visited a few years back.

Terry, I've been there several times! I didn't recognize the view.
bash.gif
It's Kendell's fault, yeah, that's it!
bottom.gif
He got me thinking "Keewenaw Peninsula" with his guess and that does look an awful lot like the south shore of Lake Superior there....

Have you ever stopped at the North House Folk School? Someday I'd like to take their wood-canvas canoe building course.

Sorry, Kraig.....
What's really amazing is how much it looks like the east side of Eagle Harbor, looking out through the mouth of the harbor towards Isle Royale.....

Kraig,
This last weekend they had a acoustic music festival of some sort under a huge tent at the school. We didn't stop.

Hmm. Archive bug?

This one should be easy...

75042.jpg

On second thought, that's really small on my screen, but I guess that makes it less obvious....maybe...

ihrotate.gif

Anyone know where I've been from these pics?? Out of respect to the guy who owns this I'm not saying, but this stuff is "hidden in plain sight"..(I can't find out anymore about him right now, but he was in the business and it sure doesn't look like he quit willingly or with a plan of what to do with this equipment)
80080.jpg

80081.jpg

80082.jpg

80083.jpg

80084.jpg

80085.jpg

80086.jpg

80087.jpg

Kendall, I'll second what Charlie wrote. Jim C. took some photos down there a few years back he was down visiting a forum member. I have Jim's photos on my work PC, may have to post some tomorrow.... Looks like you took a couple from the exact same spot as Jim did!

Kendell, were you by chance visiting (former?) forum member Rick Albert?

Here's a few that Jim C. took, these are not the photos that I was thinking of, it must have been someone else that took photos of that place and posted them.
dunno.gif
I'll keep looking....

80089.jpg

80090.jpg

80091.jpg

Kraig:
Nope on the visit to Rick..I'm thinking Matt should be making road trips...
Here's a top down view..
80108.jpg

Kendell - I know where you were ... south of Zephrhills, FL
biggrin.gif

My stepdad is in Vience south of there.

Latest posts

Back