• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Where in the world am I?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbusch

displayname
Terry Busch
Internet access is spotty at best. Here are two more for you to guess at.

1. We were here first. No cars just horse poop and pee.
36051.jpg

2. Then we were here. Took a boat ride.
36052.jpg

#1 - Mackinac Island - Wife and I went there on our honeymoon. Did 'ya get any fudge?

#2 Soo locks. Wanted to go there, but ran out of time...

You are correct.

We stayed the last night at Lake Antoine in Iron Mountain. I didn't get any pictures though.

Nice to be home now.

Terry-
I spent the 4th of July a few years ago up in Copper Harbor. Camping in that area is quite simply heaven. The days are noticeably longer and going to sleep with the sound of the harbor bell in the distance and the faint sound of water hitting the shore was so incredibly calming. We hiked around the island, from the campground, past the fort, and over to the lighthouse. The wildflowers were so varried and so perfect. Judging from where you marked your camp, we were close, but in the back row next to the woods. Nice private campground and well maintained facilities. I'm impressed that they have wifi now. Did you take the boat ride to Isle Royale??

Fouth of july weekend I'll be backpacking in the Black Hills. I'll be heading out for 3 days living out of my pack. I'm not going to lug a computer on my back, maybe the digital camera, but that's it!!

Kevin, my wife and I went to Mackinac Island on our honeymoon too (way back in 1986)! We only went there for the day, we brought our bikes along and rode around the island, very nice place. We spent most of the time biking, hiking and camping in the Porcupine mountains.

About 8 years ago we camped at the campground in Copper Harbor we went exploring the backroads at the tip of the penninsula and hiking out to the shore. We meet up with some locals and spent a very nice day relaxing on a long sandy beach along Keystone bay, see red X on the map.

36073.jpg

Kraig,

You and your wife only have us beat by one year! We just celebrated our 19th on 6/13 (about the time Terry was there). We didn't take bicycles, we rented a tandem on the island. As I recall, that was the catalyst for one of our first fights - I felt like I was the only one doing the pedaling and she maintained that she *was* pedaling. :)

Beautiful country up there. We also like the Traverse City area. So many people move south when they retire, I just might move north!

Man I'm glad you guys dint find that guy on the way up there in Escanaba, The trailer is hooked up and we're headin out in the morning to pick up 8 from that guy. Should be a load on that old trailer!
bouncy.gif

KRAIG - Only problem WAY up on Lake Superior is the water is so darned cold year round....I've been to Mackinaw Is. several times....And the SOO locks.... You have to plan on spending at LEAST a day on the island a half a day at the locks.... and if You come home without fudge.... SHAME on You!
WYATT - I got Your message...I'll call you back before You go to the Black Hills.... I know getting a signal THERE would be a problem!

Cold is right, jackets and camp fires every night. It didnt go over 60 till half way through our vacation.

Here is a map of our journey.
2. Porcupine mtns 1 night
3. Copper Harbor 3 nights
4. Munising 1 night
5. St Ignace 3 nights
6. Iron Mtn. 1 night
36080.jpg

Charlie, is the guy with the Cubs Jeff Daniels? Will you be picking up the Cubs in da moonlight?
happy.gif

Denny, we spent a whole day on the island and yes we bought some fudge.

Kevin, my 20th anniversary is this August 19th. I hope I remember that when August gets here......

Terry, looks like you had a good trip.

Kraig,
Nope on Jeff D.
It was a combination of local ads in the paper and word of mouth from the guy up there that got the mini herd rounded up.
Seems there's another 12 or so waiting for my return trip too, LOL

And YES we got fudge and some pasty's and a few other goodies along the way.
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Did someone say Pasty's????</font>
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
</font>

Terry thanks for the great pics from up that way, my wife and I have been planning a trip for our 20th anniversary in Sept. We looked at the map up that direction, but it's just a little too far from Kentucky for the 4 days we've got time for. Hopefully we'll make it up that way someday, I've never made it up to that part of the country, same with New England states. I'll have to plan ahead for future years.
biggrin.gif

We decided on the Shanadoah valley area for our get away this year.

(Message edited by rheddleston on July 29, 2006)

Spent Friday through Sunday on the North Shore of Lake Superior.

36675.jpg

36676.jpg

Two views of the Temperance River.

36677.jpg

One of 4 loons we saw out in the Big lake.

36678.jpg

Just your basic sunset.

36679.jpg

My wife Brenda in a "pothole".

36680.jpg

Me in a "pothole" goofing around.

36681.jpg

Daughter Beige in a "pothole" with me nearby per her insistance.

36682.jpg

Note that lip.

Oh and back on my June 20th post I typed the wrong date for my 20th anniversary it is August 16th not August 19th good thing I noticed.
happy.gif

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on July 31, 2006)

Here's a view of the pothole we were standing in. Note along the right side of the photo. This was taken from a bridge that crosses the river.

36684.jpg

Even though the cat is somewhat out of the bag, guess where we took this picture.
36694.jpg

Back