• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, how did I miss that!
bottom.gif

I am glad to be a part of this forum. Posting is not my thing, but I read every day and absorb a lot of information from you guys.
Ran into a problem working on my 42 square end deck tonight and am not sure what to do.These spindles are not the ST-745 type, but the rebuildable type with the bearings and cone races. So here goes, in removing the spindle bolts that hold the cast housing to the deck, the bolts are tapered on the top to be flush with the top so the pulley does not touch them. What happened is the bolts turned in the housing due to lots of rust on them and rounded out the square hole in the spindle. Am I up a creek without a paddle? I can't seem to find the part number for the bolts on the parts lookup. I also looked on the sponsor sites and I can't find where they sell the bolts either.
What do you guys do to get the spindles off the deck? I cut the bolts off, so I am in need of some new ones.

Mark Gerecke

Just a thought , could you use a carriage bolt to replace the ones you cut off.?
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Don,
I don't think so because the bolt has a cone shape head so it is flush with the top of the spindle. At the bottom of the cone shape, it has a square part like a carriage bolt that contacts the square part on the spindle. The pulley only has about 1/8" or so clearance. Hopefully someone has run into this problem before.

Those are plow bolts, and any good hardware store/tractor,implement dealer will have a lot of them.

Mark --McMaster-Carr carries 65 different plow bolts in 3 different styles including the one you describe. Just look up "Plow Bolts" in their on-line catalog. They carry grade 5 and grade 8. Of course if you have other things you need from our sponsors, you can probably save shipping charges ordering from them.

I am not where to post this particular question, but I have an attachment that goes on the rear of a cub cadet. It has the name The Viking on it and it looks like a scraper box with scarifer teeth and a rolling basket in the rear. I would like to find more information about it and to see if it was made for other types of tractors as well. Thanks Roy

Latest posts

Back