• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRISTAN - On a dedicated logging tractor I think taller and wider lugged tires would be great, just not duals. I don't think you want to go over 26-27 inches tall, and 10-12 inches wide. Something like the ATV tires your running now would be fine. Not sure I'd even bother putting taller tires on the frt. And if you could get steering brakes on the drive wheels some way that would be better still.

A rolling load in a cart will be easier to pull than a dragging load, but any store-bought dump cart will have the axle centered so going uphill would pull weight off the hitch. You need something that puts weight ON the hitch. I know Northern sells ATV carts, but they're not much more than normal carts with balloon tires. You need a cart with the wheels almost all the way to the back of the box.

If I had a better idea of how steep the hills were, how wide the trails, and how wet or slick the ground I could give better answers.

When it comes to "skidding logs" My Buddy had to fire up his 125 HP farm tractor a year or so ago to pick up the frt end of a four foot diameter OAK tree trunk that was about 25 ft long that he dropped onto a hillside. He had to chain the tree to the 3-point lift arms so he could raise it so he could pull it.

Allen S thanks for the help/info on my charging issues, thanks
josh d

This afternoon while I was mowing my yard with my CC 149 it stopped moving without warning. The FAQ's refered to what it did as herky jerky which is clearly an understatement. I thought it would buck me off the seat. I shut the engine off and looked for obvious damage but found none. I restarted it and went to the shed, it was OK until I got to the shed door then it started jumping and jerking again. The hydro control lever does nothing to stop the jumping when it starts. I pushed it inside and checked fluid level,spirol pin and the drive pin on the engine end of the driveshaft. The linkages seem to be functioning properly without the engine running. I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience. I bought the tractor new in Jul 73, it has always been cared for and has a total of 887 hours on it. I am thinking something in the hydro just failed without warning. When I get time I will pull it apart. I am certainly open to ideas about what the problem might be. TIA.

Could someone give me some information on a danco rd1000 loader and maybe a few pics. I am going to look at one on a original tomorrow and I wanted to know what to look for.}

Brandon, there is some info on the Danco RD300 and RD2000 loaders in the Manuals section. Here's a data sheet on the RD300 and RD1000 loaders.

224093.jpg

224094.jpg

224095.jpg

David, how long has it been since you've changed the Hy-Tran and filter? I suppose it could be the filter getting plugged or the fluid could be low.
dunno.gif
Did you check the trunion springs to be sure that both are there and properly installed? Something in the trunion/linkage would be the most likely problem.

Kraig, thanks for the info on Danco. The address is a little over a mile from my house. LOL

Kraig,
Thanks for the information on the loader. On the specifications what does it mean by break away weight? Thanks for your help.

David,

You probably lost/broke your centering springs on the hydro trunion.

Pull the center cover and check out the left side of the hydro.

Kraig M.The fluid level is about 1/4" below the plug and was changed recently with the correct fluid and filter.

Steve B. You hit the problem first shot. The trunnion was repaired 3 or 4 years ago. After I read the FAQ's I posted my question and then went back out to check further. The trunnion is broken off on the outside edge. The springs and buttons are missing, probably within a couple feet of where the problem occured. I'll look for them in the morning. I was sort of heart broken, that was the first time this tractor has had a real problem. Thanks to both of you for the fast and accurate problem solving.

Back