• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will play the lottery this week cant hert. I know of to more cubs siting outside of an old repair shop one is a 122,and one is a 125 i think both with mower decks PS thanks for all the kinde words about my 71 the story behind the 71 is the guy had a heart atack a few years after and he parked it on the left side of a two car garage. and thats where it stayed ontill i found it. the guy used it to spred lawn seed on a lawn150 by 100 so it did not see all that much use I dont know if i shoud even use it belongs in a musiume or something. I will up load more pics soon. I also found a cart for it i think its from the1960s its called a Jackson trailer cart#2

charlie
its there cause everyone is acting like i am beating adog for my post yesterday

donald
its a 68 with a built 355 th350 and 3.73 gears

My snow blade frame is bent. The triangular tunnel where it pivots is "folding" and tearing . Is this fixable or does anyone have a lead where to get a replacement?
THANKS!

Tom

Dennis,I said it was off topic, a Sears GTV/16. And, Charlie, I love my 108, even if it doesn't have do-hickies.

KennyP

Tom H,

It's fixable, take it to a metal fab shop and have them run it through a press brake... I bent mine when the trip lock "engaged" while at "ramming speed".. It'll never be as stiff again, as I had to weld some reinforcements inside to stiffen it up... Our sponsors above 'prolly have a used one...

I have head pulled off for cleaning on my 125. Alot of carbon build up. Any recommendations on a cleaner or process prior to putting head back on? I am avoiding a teardown at this point. I thought that I might of had a stuck valve or crap underneath the valve but does not seem to be. Still hoping that a cleanup and valve adjustment will cure the issue. Maybe this was covered previously if it was I apologize.

Charlie (or anyone really),

Any suggestions for removing/exchanging dash towers in my 1450/1650? Someone really did a hack job on my 1650 dash and wiring. I am considering changing it out unless it is an extreme pain to do so. Thanks

Chad

Leon,
Now that wouldn't happen to be Sals Mower shop in Northvale?
Charlie ,
Them boys ain't behaving post'n that green stuff,
BTW,My brother GF had a SS 396 Malibu with a convertible top,white with orange stripes.She used to let me take it for a drive to clean out the carbon deposits hehehehe....

Chad M.
It's not that big of a project, but it will take you some time the first time you do it.
Pictures are the key to anything when your doing it for the first time.
Other than that, go for it. It's a good learning experience if nothing else.
And besides, there's a bunch here that will help ya out if you get in a pinch.
clappy.gif

Charlie - That is a very interesting & informative video. Joe would have been an amazing man to sit a visit with. Thanks a lot for sharing the video with us.

KENNY P. - Lots of the older GT's used variable speed arrangements with the belt drives. The design that always cracked me up was the spinning steel disc with the little rubber wheel moving across it driving the tractor. Rubber wheel close to the center of the steel disc equals slow... close to the outside equals fast. And they really expected that rubber wheel to last? What happens when it gets wet or oily?

The one thing a GD CC is not good for is lawn mower racing. I suppose if you did something with the 7:1 reduction ratio going into the transmission that would pick the speed up from 6.8 MPH to almost 48 MPH. Not sure how much faster you'd have to go to be competitive. I suppose somebody like MWSC could make even higher O/D gears, something like .9:1 or so.

At those speeds you'd have to work your way up thru the gears at the start.

Timothy-
I've had good luck using Oven Cleaner and a wood-scraper to remove that carbon build up. Just don't leave the oven cleaner on longer than about an hour. I'm guessing it could eat at the head....?

Thank you Charlie, (and JOE H) and we think we have it so bad????? What a story!
Paul

TIM - Carbon removal was discussed about 8-10 months ago. I suggested spraying a mist of plain old water into the carb inlet with the engine running at a medium speed whick worked great for me and several others who had used it. 'Course you still need the head installed to run the engine.

It doesn't remove ALL the carbon deposits but removes enough to restore good efficient engine operation. The deposits blow out the exhaust. Good idea to change the oil afterwards. I ran a K241 for 1400 hours using this method 2-3 times before I got scared of the rod and took it down for a rebuild.

Yes charlie its in northvale, he wants $900 for the 122, this is the place i bought the cart from for $30

Charlie-

Joe Haban was quite a man. The whole story was put together well. I really liked the "pee wee" football players with North Carolina on their helmets. I thought it was special that they showed a crapman mtd pulling that sweeper.

It makes one wonder if there are any "Joe Habans" out there today held back by a sick economy and too much foreign trade. We even see evidence of inventive/industrious people here on this forum.

To get OT a bit I received my electric lift back from Charlie for the 147. He rebuilt it and got it back in just a few days. I'll be glad to get it painted and installed and behind me.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

I just watched the video and thought there must be a link in the manual section so the video does not get lost .I was shocked at the fact that the single stage snow thrower is said to be a better snow blower than the two stage. I think I must put my 42" thrower on my 149 for next winter and give it a test.I really enjoyed the video and thanks for sharing it.
old.gif

Thanks everyone for your inputs and ideas. I will clean it up and rebuild carb then cross my fingers.

Latest posts

Back