• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 23, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czuck

displayname
Charlie H Zuck
Could someone post the rear anti-scalp roller modification to Cub mower decks? I would like to do that to my QA48 deck.
Also, any of you guys with the electric lift have one apart that you could send me the dimensions of the brass bushing in the barrel at the opposite end from the motor? It is NLA and mine is missing completely.

(Message edited by czuck on October 23, 2003)

Benjamin, I weld them up just because it is so much easier. It's a lot of work to tear into one of those hydros if you don't know what you're doing!!

Gadget, I think they better get more room if we're calling it PD7!! This thing seems to be growing at a pretty quick rate ;-)

Art, that's part of the "quiet kit". It also came with a different heat shield and muffler. I have an NOS one around here somewhere ;-)

Oh........Ok Thanks Charlie...
And here all this time I thought maybe it was to keep ugly old men from blowin' head gaskets!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

13210.jpg

Ya know, people in town just haven't treated me the same since Saturday!!!!

BTW, the Fire Dept raised $856 last Saturday (pending a bill), so pat yourselves on the back!! Just goes to show what good people show up at these things. On behalf of the Rockford Volunteer Fire Department, THANK YOU!!!!

Benjamin,

Travis is right, they get welded because you don't have to split the hydro to fix them. Nobody ever said they were NLA...I put a new LH trunion shaft and spring plate in my 149 4 years ago, before I had my welder.

You might reconsider welding them if you have any questions about your ability to COMPLETELY split a hydro. There are some tricks and a couple small roll pins that are easy to screw up. It's not necessarily rocket science, but it's not "tar' changin'" either.

BTW, The Sunstrand SU-15 hydrostatic transmission was used on everything from the 123 all the way thru the MTD machines......same LH trunion shaft for ALL IH hydro Cubs.

Charlie Z,

I added the rear roller to my 42" CI deck.....no big deal, just a front roller and a welded up bracket.

13212.jpg

Gadget,

Menomonie isn't exactly "southern WI"......In the past Robb has been a proponent of Spring Break being it's own event......either way, I'd drive up there again whatever it was called, but that's a REALLY long way for over 1/2 of this forum's members.

Been out sweeping leaves????

Travis,

How many people said "What in the hell were you doing behind your house last Sat.??"

I would be about 1/2 afraid to have one of these events along a major state route....the gawkers would be liable to cause accidents!!!!!

Have a strange problem with the new 149. Am still trying to get it to run. Any Ideas why the engine should turn over faster with the choke pulled out??? Also it is trying to run with about 90% choke after a lot of cranking time, lots of black smoke out the exaust and soot on a new plug. This setting seems to be the only time it acts like it is firing.
Valves and timing is set to book specs. Carb fresh cleaned and seems ok.
Am lost after a long evening. Help???????????

Steve and Travis are right, that is pretty fat "up nort dar". and the field ain't near as big as Travis'... Oh well, it was a passing thought... guess it passed quickly! :)

Charlie, Would that be: Suburban Upscale College Kids And Socker Sports EnthusiastS?

TRAVIS, STEVE The Chapter #4 IH Collector's Spring Plow Day was about a mile North of Carter & Gruenwald last spring... I think Apostle Ken posted some pic's or a message about "Practicing Plowing" last spring. (Like He needs to practice right?) I almost ran My Super H over to get some seat time... can't remember what came up that I couldn't..... I bet it had something to do with paneling the shop! ANYHOW.... I bet Ken could find some bean stubble ground if We asked nice.

GADGET - Wife just started driving a new SUV about 5-6 weeks ago.... I told Her after the first test drive the V-8 in it would sure sound nice through a pair of FLOWMASTER 2-chamber mufflers. Goes without saying the stainless steel OEM mufflers will have to rust to nothing before that will happen.

Steve B's post about the long drive for more than half of the forums members struck a chord with me, has anyone done any type of demographics? that is where do we all live and does one state have more cubs than the others? Just things that make you go HMMMMMMmmmmm.....

Mike

Mike F. -

An EXCELLENT question.

Since Bob and I never really cared much about where folks lived, we never asked for the data.

However, now that I have Map Point 2004 (thank you MSDN
wink.gif
), if folks want to e-mail me their town, state and zip, I can get a nice map together.

Better yet, perhaps the PD hosts can share their data with me...

And of now, just for Gadget...

IN AN EFFORT TO HELP OUTSIDERS UNDERSTAND THE MIDWEST UNITED STATES, THE FOLLOWING LIST WILL BE HANDED TO EACH DRIVER ENTERING THE AREA:

1. That farm boy standing next to the feed bin did more work before breakfast than you do all week at the gym.

2. It's called a 'gravel road'. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your SUV. I have a four-wheel drive because I need it. Drive it or get it out of the way.

3. We all started hunting and fishing when we were seven years old. Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.

4. Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get you whipped... by our women.

5. Go ahead and bring your $600 Orvis Fly Rod. Don't cry to us if a flathead catfish breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for those little trout you fish for...bait.

6. Pull your pants up. You look like an idiot.

7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of mallards are making approach, we will shoot it. You might hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. That's right. Whiskey is only two bucks. We can buy a fifth for what you paid in the airport for one drink.

9. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order a steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey.

10. You can bring Coke into my house but it better be brown, wet, and served over ice.

11. So you have a sixty-thousand dollar car you drive on weekends. We're real impressed. We have quarter of a million dollar combines that we use two weeks a year.

12. Let's get this straight. We have one stoplight in town. We stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's yellow.

13. Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks - because they want to. So, you're a feminist. Isn't that cute.

14. Yeah, we eat catfish. Carp, too - and turtle. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the bait shop.

15. They are pigs. That's what they smell like. Get over it. Don't like it? Interstate 70, 80 & 90 go two ways. Interstate 29, 35, & 75 go the other two. Pick one and use it accordingly.

16. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday. You can get breakfast at the church.

17. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Understand the concept?

18. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit the ball into the water hazard. It spooks the fish.

19. That Highway Patrol Officer that just pulled you over for driving like an idiot, his name is, "Sir"... no matter how old he is.

Now, enjoy your visit and go home.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to tighten up the steering on my 109. I disassembled the steering box and found the cam follower stud was worn flat on two sides so I will replace it. But for now, I turned it 90 degrees and put everything back together. I still have about 1/4 turn of play and it's due to the drag link "pin" flexing back and forth. It seems built into the mechanism so I don't see how the steering can ever be tight. Am I missing something here? Is there a way of tightening up the drag link? Thanks for your help.

I have been in top secret negotiations to "lease" some bean gound in the Rockford/Rochelle, IL area for a PD warm up.

This is a 1/2 section in size (300 + acres). Would THAT be large enough???

Or we can wait for the 110 acres by C&G to be in the right crop rotation. 1/4 mile + long rows of nice flat, black loam with a lil clay added in.

Brian M.

AMEN! AMEN!

People wonder what money smells like. Well it is call Pig S#@* and Cow Manure!

Every time we pass a hog farm and my wife complains about the smell, I tell her, That is the smell of money!

Yep...did more work before breakfast for many years. Seems that cattle never had an alarm clock. Just the Sun.

Slopped hogs, milked cows, fed chickens, staked firewood and filled water troughs all before Ham, Eggs, milk and toast then it was off to school, two rooms. (Really)

When the daylight was longer might even make a few rounds in the field.

Kraig:

Can you get me a copy of the wiring diagam for a 147. Thanks.

Do you have a copy of the Kohler Manual for rebuiding Kohlers. I recently got one with a bunch of other books. If you don't, let meknow.

Frank M. -

Was it uphill to school? Both ways??
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back