• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 23, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That parade round was pretty cool regardless... and at the risk of getting "Poofed", I gotta share my personal experience. After Robb dropped off the lead in the first 50 feet, my 322 was third in line behind two green diesels. I was pretty proud of my 18hp gasser keeping up with the deisels both up and down the hill... 'til I looked behind me and saw a 10 yr old kid on a 140 literally PUSHING me down the furrow! :) Gadget

My kid was on a 129 and a 782. He was also on a 4-wheeler until I took it away from him for driving too fast.

Kraig-

That helps a lot. I looked underneath and I don't really know what the #5 is going to hook onto. I'm new to the cub and just trying to get a few things figured out before I buy attachments for it. It seems that the sleeve hitch is the most widely used for the rear attachments. I have a snow blower and blade for it now. Thanks again for you help and the pictures.

Todd

<center><font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">S U R V E Y</font></font></center>

<font size="+1">Thanks to those that already sent their location information.

I'd appreciate it if the rest of ya would do the same - please send me an e-mail with a subject line of <font color="ff0000">Map Survey</font>. The body of your message should contain your name, town, state and zip.

I'm thinking Map Point might be bright enough to figure it all out by zip, but who knows...

Thanks!!!

Even if it's not useful for PD planning, it'll make a cool map
wink.gif
</font>

I'm going to need a LOT more batteries and blank video tapes for a 24 hour plow event........

Steve Blunie Thanks for the infomation on the Hydro. I didn't realize that they were all the same. I have a 123 but I haven't started on it yet. (restoring) I have all the bolts out of a 169 at this time. I know about the 15/32 measure and the importance of "Getting it right".
I have been tearing into mechanical things since I tore into A Model T ford transmission in 1943. I didn't even have a book for the T but I got it back together and working. The T transmission was very close to the first Powerglide made by G M. The T used the pedals to close the bands and the Powerglide used Hydrolic servoes.
Now I'm retired and having a ball with the cubs.
I have a fully restored 100 a 122 a 123and the 169. Also have a restored Haban and of course a brimly Turn plow. My hitch still has the original decal with serial number. The hitch had surface rust on it but I was able to tape off the decal and save it.
Have a good Cub Day!!!

Why is it that talk about JD's and Cubs ends up as a slam on someone's politics? I've never understood that....

Anyway....
Personally I like the idea of a Plow Day that moves around geographically. Not only can more people attend, but it's always a somewhat different mix of people with the same "regular yahoos" attending.

Ken-
Night plowing??? I'm in!!! (If you build it, they WILL come!)

Rob D-
No need for different headlights on the Plow Special. Those things are BRIGHT!!! Once we finally got the tractor running after a minor breakdown we went back out to play in the dirt the night before PD4 at Steve's. Now that was FUN!

(Message edited by aaytay on October 24, 2003)

Well, It's raining here this afternoon, so I took the time to pull the head off my blue & white 123. Found the head gasket looks ok, but the head was slightly warped from leaving that one bolt loose above the exhaust. So I took the head to the local engine machine shop in Dysart and they fixed it for me.
13228.jpg

Here it is now compared to another I had fixed and bead blasted earlier.
Should have it running again in a few minutes here. I also fixed the looseness in the throttle control. Oh, BTW. I'll keep that new looking gasket I took off for an emergency fix, but it will get a brand new gasket today. Should run sweet for my photographer at next PD!
happy.gif

Night Plowing! Count me in! Halogen driving lights + headlights & worklight in the rear! Here we come! With that many tractors in the field, it would be quite a sight!

(Message edited by jlang on October 24, 2003)

I don't know much, but even if I have to put my lovely bride on life support, I KNOW I'll be a'plowin' in the spring!

Dammit, Jim, I'm only a doctor!

Bones

Keith-
We heard last week that everything ended up being OK. Glad to hear it, I know I for one felt bad and hoped for the best when I heard that you were leaving.

Kraig, that was kinda fun Friday wasn't it? I shoulda had an area laid out a little better with some chairs or picnic tables. I like the Friday idea as being the "ice breaker". I had told Steve earlier in the week that Dee and I wouldn't be busy Friday. Guess he knew better ;-)

Glad you liked the question Bryan.
Now admit it, you just wanted to play with that mapping program... didn't ya?

I think that I would have to come alone if I want to get in on the 24... But it sounds like a blast!! I would have made more than three or four rounds if the wife and kids were not there. Not that that was bad, but it just cut in to plow time. I don't think I had a chance to talk as much as I wanted to due to not being at the same hotel and keeping an eye on Cody wandering around on Stinky. This was his first plow day and he was wanting set time real bad. I hope he did't run anyone down on the far side of the hill.

My boss mentioned that it would be nice to get the 40 acres behind the shop plowed for free sometime. I asked when she was going to plant some soybeans again. She wasn't sure but I will keep pushing her and maybe one of the plow days can be in southern Wisconsin yet.

Mike F. -

My inner geek says YES!
lol.gif

Thanks for the responses folks, keep 'em coming!!!

Apostle -

Got H7606's, will travel
buttrock.gif

Back