• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 29, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rmull

Is this the guy?
happy.gif

13438.jpg

Or maybe the guy hiding behind the giant green fellow. . .

13439.jpg

(Message edited by rmull on October 29, 2003)

Travis, I don't have much for crowd shots. Good to hear that they got most if not all of your stuff back.

These two look awful suspicious to me! :eek:)

13441.jpg

Under edit: Ryan, great minds think alike. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 29, 2003)

I'd be suspicious of that guy in the white next to the big green guy. Rumors have it he was Green with envy on the parade pass that everyone's plows didn't plug up except his. I also heard he was envious of those 169s out there that day.

Bryan I never overfill my hydros and if there is a bad gasket they leak and they don't have to be running to leak.

According to my measurements the level of a properly filled hydro will be about 1/4 way up the cork gasket.

Even if you under fill the hydro I think it will leak as once you run a hydro it is full of hydro fluid internally and will leak down when sitting.

Richard, thanks for the photos. I agree with Art, I like the way you document them.

Craig D., thanks for confirming that it was your hydraulic lift mod. I hate it when I don't assign proper credit, whew. :eek:)

Rich......the pump was from Northern Hydraulics. Part # 10565, .258 cu in, Barnes 4 gal. per minute @3600 rpm.
Craig

Richard C. -

Just going by what one local dealer has told me. He did Cub Cadet hydro repair training for <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>.

Travis, sorry to hear about your troubles! But glad to hear you were able to get some of your stuff back.

Just looking over the Membership Map and wonder how did IH sell CC's to the non-farm areas, like mine: Rhode Island. I'm presuming the CC's guys like me have, were originally sold in the area. I figure the mid-west has plenty of IH dealers with farm implements that just expanded their line with CC's. But what about the non-farm areas? Seems like the CC is overbuilt for just mowing the lawn, and a potential buyer would have to know about IH quality before paying a premium price - and how many homeowners would do that?

Roy

Rich King:
I always like putting little people on Cubs. Makes the tractors look bigger. . . As for the tractor, you put him on a slant grill, which is only going to increase the temp of the yellow fever. . .

Roy N. -

To read the various books on the subject, the suburban homeowner WAS the target audience.

149 Coil, My 149 refused to start after lunch and during my check of the wiring I found oil at the end of the Coil wire. A resistance reading across the Coil disconnected is 4.5 ohms. I think I need a new Coil but am asking the Pros. Please advise.

A question for the pros, is there such a thing as a clutch hub and power takeoff that would fit a Kohler Magnum 18 with a 1 1/8 shaft? Thanks for any help.

When both of you two get done asking the pros all these questions, report back to us with the answers, O.K.?....
happy.gif

Great Pics and info Rich C! I'll be going to the parts store to pick up some gasket material very soon so that I can fix this leaky hydro! Craig, nice job with the hydraulics on your machine. I hope to do something similar but unfortunately I use the storage under my seat all the time and would hate to have to part with this.

Steve S.

Frank,Rich,Dale...

Thanks for the info. Looks like I can keep my first born and the Cub. I have the engine apart down to where I'm about to pull out the crank. Will hold until I get manuals and consider a 12hp or 16hp upgrade. Rich, fantastic work on that K241. You should be smiling. AH'll be bach.
Mike K.

Ryan, where can I order one of those lime green shirts? That guy has style!

I don't like the way Robb is looking at me...reminds me of a Mr. T routine.
"Hey boy...."

Back