• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 29, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
Got my goodies today thanks! Hopefully we'll see some pics of PD6 in the RPM before to long!
BTW, Have you heard from Gunnar lately?

Tedd-
I was just thinking about that day a few days back. I had a great time, but questioned whether everybody was willing to drive past the WFM site to stop by again. There's rumor that this year's site may be slightly further East which only adds to the issue for those coming from that direction.

That said, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, so lets talk about it once the site is firmed up and we know what's happening.

There could be some more of this..
13487.jpg

and this...
13488.jpg

But NONE of this!
13489.jpg

You'd think that guy on the green thing would figger out that he's going the wrong way!....But then again...
;-)

Charlie,

Travis told me once that his yard was too hilly and rough. I've been trying to get him to have "Landscape Day".

We'll have to work on him over the winter.

Dennis, we WILL have a lanscape day, don't you worry ;-)

Anybody got an opinion on a tire with this tread? I'm not sold on 26X12-12 tires for traction, no matter what brand they are. I can get these in 26X10-12, so they'll still have the height, but narrower for better traction in the furrow.
13493.jpg

Travis, Landscape day? Thought mabey the next big meet up your way would be for varmit control.
happy.gif

Dave, same thing. Just watch out for the tombstones ;-)

Tedd, you can get smaller ones. I know that the extra clearance is nice on the supers, but I don't like the wide tires.

BTW, those tires are $125/pr delivered to my door, in case anyone was wondering. That is for 6 plys.

Travis,

I always thought wide tires were for flotation. ie: low ground pressure.

The narrower the tire, the more pressure on the ground for any given weight. Plus like you said, the narrower tire would ride the furrow better.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

I think <font size="-2">FWIW</font> that the real wide tire is actually working against itself in the furrow. If your pulling a 10" plow with 26 X 12 X 12 tires, the 12's are fighting to pull their way along.

Tom -

I agree - I'm sure there's a point of diminishing return here, and I think a lot of folks get hung up on what looks cool instead of what works for the task at hand.

Map's been updated, and there's a link to generate an e-mail with the correct subject line for all those that aren't represented on the map yet.

Kraig -

I've already got Robin's info, I just need to install the European version of Map Point to get that map going.

Unfortunately I have no other info on our other two friends...

What I'd REALLY like to know is WTH all the Canadians are hiding!

On the wide versus narrow thing. What your really looking at is square inches of contact patch. An 8.50 X 26 will have more than an 8.50 X 23 but still less than a 12X12X26. Course the other fix would be to step up to the 12" plow with 12" wide tires.
Travis, I have rear lug tires like you posted in the classified a while back. We had an 1100 Massey with rear tires a lot like them. Not excellent anywhere but good everywhere. So far thats about what I think of mine. Around here, Blow sand to river silt to good ILL black soil. They fit right in.

I guess being the nice guy that I am,I will volunteer to accept your discarded 26-12x12 ag tires,guys ;-)

12"wide tires are fine when you're pulling a 12" wide plow, or following someone that has one, but when you're following an 8" or 10" plow like you might at a plow day, then you might not get the advantage of that extra width! Your right wheel can't get down in the furrow to get a full bite. I kind of liked the 26-12-12 2 ply McCreary lug tires I had on one of my tractors at PD6. I had them mounted on 9" wide wheels instead of the 10.5" or 11" as recommended. This made them taller and a little less wide. That gave me more clearance to get over trash and am able to low deeper. I like them. Just needed a little more weight on that black & green tractor!
happy.gif

I really like that map. It would be cool to be able to hover your mouse over a pin to get the members name. Of coarse there are so many of you folks around the Chicago area that it would make it tough with so many pins so close together.
I'd like to know who the folks are just east of me in CT and MA. Work takes me out that way on occasion and wouldn't mind seeing some of the folks from the forum. (and Cubs of coarse)

I cleaned up the subframe for my front blade with a grinding stone and it popped right in like it should. Now I just need to make a new lift arm because the one I have is off a wide frame and it's too short for my 124. Tomorrow is going to be nice outside and I <cough> <cough> <sniff> think I may be coming down with something. I better stay home and finish the lift rod - I mean rest.

Mark
I'm one of those Guys!!
well not really i never sent any thing in to Brian I'll have to drop him an e-mail now. If your ever in the area send me a note durring the week I seam to check my e-mail about 5 times a day. I'M always up for BSing and talking cubs!
Joe

Latest posts

Back