• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 23, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bob, Whats for lunch? Are you stil the roving Kohlor mech?

Charlie-Thanks to Ryan Mull, Brinly-Hardy was very good to us for PD3. If you guys recall, Charlie won the grand prize, a 10" moldboard plow. Brinly did a nice write up in their monthly company newsletter. If anyone would like to see it, I can email you a copy of it. B-H also sent representatives to the event. I was and still am very impressed with their company.

(Message edited by jluckey on October 24, 2003)

(Message edited by jluckey on October 24, 2003)

I have been to 3 plow days the last 2 spring breaks and, finally got to plow at Travis's last Saturday,. North Central Illinois, would be great. I'd love to plow in Illinois once,.Just wish I'd of brought my tractor out sooner for these PD's

Well, mapquest listed PD#6 at 1544 miles at 23 hours. Little shorter for Bob. Would have to see if he was hitchhiking! $257 in gas each way.

JB....Watch the next PD video and you will see that we DID plow uphill....

Thoughts on future PD.....This needs to have longer hours of operation. Sure some folks are tired after making two rounds, and there is the needed socializing time, but we HAD about 100 acres to turn under.

I'd like to try setting a 24 hr record for GT plowing. If I had 10 others interested you would plow in shifts (gives the slush boxes time to cool off). By averaging say 10 feet per round, you could easily cover 100 acres per day.

It would be interesting to see just how MUCH ground you could cover in a day. Maybe get Brinly and Cub Cadet to chip in some $$$$ for doing their field trial R&D to provide "free" fuel. Just some ideas....

Charlie, Travis How many acres were turned over on Saturday ?

Ken, I have a slope on the east side that runs over 40%. We might all choke on the diesel smoke!Would be fun to see how far someone can get. Most of it is sidehill tilled. Would be fun with an open differencial

It would be fun to see just how much ground we could roll over in 24 hours { we would all need better lights...}

I think it was 42.5 acres. . .

I have a 1/2 million candle power headlight. Only draws 4.5 amps.
happy.gif

How about some aux wiring diagrams. . like add-on flashers & rear lights? I just got a Haban blade for the 1872SGT and need to get some additional rear lights & at least 1 flasher.

Count me in Ken. . I have the 782D, 1408PS & 1872SGT to throw in the mix. I am sure the Keith E. would be interested as well.

Maybe I could get on TV again driving the 1772TD!
happy.gif

I drove the perimeter of the plowed part of the PD 6 field (at the end of the day) with my GPS.......42.37166 acres

My brother has one of those coal miners hats with a battery pak some where, { he uses that for coon huntin }

Ken, no need to view the video, this photo of you shows the hill.
13224.jpg

If we get enough cubs together we might have to find that field in Canada with 10,000 acres, better make sure the cub has a full tank cause it would be a long walk back to the truck!!!

...........and that was the smaller portion of the hill.....

Pat - Just over 42 acres, huh? COOL! First thing Saturday evening somebody asked how much we plowed. Not knowing or even having asked how large the plot was, I was guessing the field looked about a quarter mile wide with 80 rod rows. It appeared to me that we turned about 80% or it, so I had estimated 32 acres.

Seems the rows must have been longer than I surmised. Those rows must have been more like 100 rods, making the field 50 acres or so, for us to have turned 42 acres. Gadget

The main part of that field is 60 acres. The grass run through part of it throws it of a little.

That "hill" is what I wanted to come down for the parade. I thought it would look cooler coming down than going up.

Latest posts

Back