• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 23, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd, I'll see what I can dig up on the 682 for how the mount attaches to the lift arm.

Tedd, my parents have a light blue Parker sweeper, the canvas long ago rotted off and mice ate all the brushes. :eek:( Last time I looked at it the metal parts looked to be in decent condition but that was a couple of years ago. I need to dig it out of the weeds.

Bryan - Superb! Seen that before, but didn't save it. It will now have a special place in the "SAVE THIS" folder! :) Gadget

This was the plan.

PD 5 Urchels
PD 6 Travis
PD 7 Luckey's (it was Tenative)
PD 8 Mr. Plow (fall 04)

As far as my family hosting PD 7, I am going to need to bow out, this is why I have not said anything. Between school, going to school, having a baby (almost a year old not, WOW), and running a business, I just don't think that I have the time to do it. I think that WI or Northern IL would be a great idea. I think it would only be fair to da guys up nort.

As far as calling the Spring Tillage Days PD 7. I don't think so. . . That would be like calling the National Republican Convention the National Democratic Convention.

(Message edited by jluckey on October 24, 2003)

Frank, yes I have a few version of the Kohler manual, thnaks for the offer. Here is the 147 electrical schematic.
13214.jpg

13215.jpg

Todd, here is all I can dig up. This is a drawing of the 682 rear lift for use with a sleeve hitch adapter. I assume that part #5 mounts to the lift arm. Hope this helps.
13217.jpg

Bryan D. McMeen,
I agree very much with your "list to each driver". We have the same mentality here in central PA. With the exception of routes. Take 80 east -west, or 15 north -south. Your list will be posted in our hunting cabin!

I was talking to Robb, and they are looking more towards Eau Claire, WI. . and lots more land than last year.

If Robb & the JD forum would support it, I like the idea of the combined PD. They organize one every year, and the Cub Forum organizes one every year.

I'm thinking that Eau Claire will be too far for most of our guys. If Robb has one there, I will be there, but I'm a lot closer than most. I still think Steve is right on with the northern IL area. Just my two cents ;-)

For what it's worth and according to those that registered for PD6, the list goes as follows.
Iowa-26
Illinois-14
Indiana-3
Kentucky-1
Missouri-1
Mississippi-1
Michigan-5
Minnesota-10
Nebraska-2
Wisconsin-11
Texas-1

(Message edited by cproctor on October 24, 2003)

Charlie - a scattergram might show you that most of your attendees (about 2/3) were coming in from roughly a 200 mile radius, a good share of the rest (another 1/4) came in from 200-400 miles and the balance from beyond. My own trip was 330 miles. Gadget

I believe that if you look at the data from the IN PD, you might find a different spread, with a lot more from the eastern seaboard. I think that your location will show a larger draw from the serounding area. You will get the odd data ponits with the few die hard Cubbers, but over all it will be concentrated around the sight. As shown in Charlies data, around 200 mi.

Just my .02......

Ken, I like the idea of Rochford/Rochelle area. Lower Wisconsin would be great too.

I herd mention of maybe going to a two day event, due to size. If that would happen, maybe we could set up demos of setting up your hydro linkage, or plow set up, or any number of things.

Art-
As for the quiet kit, 169's had 'em standard (big muffler & sealed air filter housing) Similar muffler and similar air filter housing are standard xx8/xx9 series "quiet" parts.

As Ted points out and as Charlie's data supports, your largest draw will be from within 200 miles (a 3-4 road trip) of your selected site. But there are always those that are willing to drive further. A site in Ohio can draw from the eastern seaboard, whereas a site in Iowa can draw from as far away as Texas and the Dakotas.

Since the beginning, I have anxiously awaited a "western" Plow Day, and finally got to one (Travis' being about as far west as it's been to held date). Even at that it was 6 hrs, one way... and I live in EASTERN Nebraska!

I think a rotation of host sites around a mutli-state area gives more enthusiasts a chance to experience the fun and comraderie of a wonderful event. Gadget

GADGET - When The Rev. hosts a PD It'll REALLY throw a loop into Your Distribution maps! ;-)

I don't think a two day eventwould be good. Most people use Fri and Sun to drive.

2 day events tend to get very expensive for people to attend. Especially if they are from far away. Also they are a nightmare to organize. 2 day events also tend to be hosted by organizations. This way lots of people can help in organizing the event. I agree with Travis.

PSA on PD7,

Just got an email and also talked to,
Kristin Cissell
Senior Administrative Assistant
Brinly-Hardy Company

And they were going to send a PP-510 Sleeve Hitch Mold Board Plow for PD6 but things got messed up a little and it didn't get sent out, BUT!!!!!

They are going to be sending me a brand new PP-510 Sleeve Hitch Mold Board Plow for Plow Day 7. So whoever host it will need to do some sort of raffle type thing to raise money for a worthy cause as they said they might just start doing this donation thing for future events!

Good point Denny.

Hell, if I just came to one back there it would skew your data by about 1500 miles ! ! ! !

You could consider a Friday ice breaker (like at the campground on Friday before PD6) as the first day of a two day event, for people to BS and put names and faces together. I know I had a good time, I also had a good time at Blunier's the Friday before PD4.
<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Back