• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

crich

WM DeTurck, I think the top one 3rd from the left is a "chopper blade brush cutter" and the one in the bottom row is a "roller blade with seeder" that says it levels and seeds. Unfortunately I don't have the original scan, I put that page together at least two years ago, and many of the images came off ebay or off here (hence the disclaimer on the opening page). I was able to read it a bit better by blowing up that pic but I don't have anything better.

Thanks for the help everyone else. Hopefully I'll have the cub back in working order soon, luckily it got broken in the gap between mowing and plowing season, but I still don't like having it sitting up on blocks!

Hey Art,

Cool Flail-Mo!

Being that it's a Cub, don't ya just grab that cable, pull back and sit on it????

biggrin.gif

(Message edited by mschiefelbein on November 17, 2003)

My neighbor picked this up. Cool toy, if you got 12 kids. As the dash tag states, this was made by the National Amusement Device Co., Dayton Ohio. The train is built on a 7 HP Cub Cadet, I’m not sure what model. It starts right up. He has 4 cars total, but one is for parts.

13896.jpg

13897.jpg

13898.jpg

13899.jpg

13900.jpg

13901.jpg

Rich W. -- Looks like a model 73 from the dash.

Scott McKenzie- My dad has a Model 860 TracVac on the 782D w/50" deck, and it sucks leaves from outside the deck when using it. Work REALLY well.

RYAN - Could be a 72 since the dash is yellow. Other than the decal that was about the only difference between a 72 & 73. Couple years ago Wyatt helped Me mow & chew up leaves one weekend with His 169 & 44" deck with Gators. Those Gators just turned dry leaves into powder! Really decreased the volume of stuff I was picking up for sure! Wish I had a picture of His 169 inside this cloud of dust with FOUR wheel weights sticking outside each wheel! ;-)

Oops. . I was thinking the 72 had a dash like my 71. . .I guess the 73 actually had the white fiberglass dash didn't it?

Yes, the white part is actually a cover. It's metal though, not fiberglass like the 1X6/1X7.

The 72 and 73 dashs are exactly the same as far as size and shape, but the dash part is welded to the cowl on the 72s, and is bolted on with 4 bolts on the 73, I think they did this since it was yellow on the 72, and white on the 73s this way they could paint it whaite then bolt it on, but a complete cowl and dash from a 72 and 73 are interchangable.

Travis-
I'm here! I've been up since 12:00AM . . . . been to work, worked 2 hours overtime and am home now.

Does anyone have any high-res scans of the 123 decals the sort of "crown" logo???

WYATT - All this talk of 72's & '73's make you miss Your's? What's this talk of WORK? I thought You retired?

Monday's are usually dead . . .unless there was an event where everybody needs broadband to upload pics...

I'm here.

Just reading and working and dreaming of the new Cub hauler.
Got a line on an old Airstream that I can get an the cheep, major cheep. 25 footer, plan on making a "toy box" out of it. Pricing out a 2004 Chevy 2500 express with the 6.0 to pull it with. Thinking of getting the van in whit and painting it up like the Dodge pickup that Ertal did.
happy.gif

A 72 with creeper, fenders, hitch, lights, hydraulic lift, a 10hp 12hp engine (never measured which it was); and then a 73 that ran like a top, fenders, lights, hitch, cigar lighter, hydraulic lift . . . . even the "anti-slant nose" crowd couldn't help but miss 'em.

That and when the project tractor is finished my wife says that the 169 is "hers" at plow days! (I'd have rather stuck her on the 73, she's less likely to cause trouble that way)
happy.gif

i was wondering if any of you had a problem with a creeper jumping out of hi. a new bearing and seal was installed and the detent was adjusted. it seems like an internal problem, maybe yoke?

Latest posts

Back