• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It couldn't be from what you have in your hand, could it?

13920.jpg

Ben:
Here are two NAPA part Numbers for the PTO bearing.

One seems to be a little heavier than the other.

Both around $8-$10

"RA100-RR and PRA100RR

I have both

The RA100-RR seems to be the heavier. Made in Mexico

The othe is from China

Frank
Thanks for the bearing number.I was trying to say 200 -- but couldn't drag it out of this old brain.

That was the night my wife drove home because I had too many, um, tools. She woke me up to ask me how to get home. I said "what the hell are we doing in Spring Valley, Minnesota?" It was a loooong ride home.

Check out this "Butcher Job".
13927.jpg

Don't you think it would have been less work to fix it correctly??

Tom

Whats the problem?

i'm not to keen on the late 8/9's but that looks just like the one on the 86 i've got here in the barn.... they had to add a brake late the run due to new goverment mandates for safty.

Joe

Mike M.-
Here's those pictures of the enlarged Original drive pulley I was talking about last night.
13939.jpg

13940.jpg

13941.jpg

13942.jpg

13943.jpg

Bryan-
Thanks for the picture, that may have helped more than you know!
happy.gif

By the way Mike...
"The math" says that a pulley about 4" in diameter would get you close, or just faster than a standard gear drive Cub. At 8" across, I'm guessing this guy uses this one to commute to work!
happy.gif

Along the lines of the PTO topic, Removal can at times can be somewhat of a nightmare. Are there any "tricks" which can be used to removing one thats not budging even with all the allen screws out?? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Large Pulley: I can't find the picture But I saw a guy with a K-181 replacement engine that had a pulley from Kohler on it as large as the shroud hole{in an Original). He couldn't go slow enough in low gear to cut grass! I had seen this pulley on other kohler engines used in different equipment.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the three-bolt and four-bolt gearboxes for Cub rototillers? Answers like "one bolt" are not acceptable, but may qualify you for the "Don't quit your day job award."
happy.gif

Richard- How about 1 hole?
happy.gif

I don't recall seeing anything but a 4 hole/bolt for the tiller.

On the subject of differences between the 72 and 73, I have it on good authority that Mr. Aytay has a late production 72, s/n 304xxx. His sports the (un)fortunate cloth covered harness, some WP bolts, and small notches on the tractor frame near the engine points cover area, added to frames presumably to facilitate maintenance on tractors with the bigger 10hp and up engines. Other than this 72, I have not seen factory “points cover frame notches” on other “blue stripe slant grille” narrow frames.

large pulley- That pulley reminds me of the one Tom had on his modified original (in size). Seems like that original would go about 30 mph with that thing installed, if the clutch could handle it.

On an other Note:
Ryan has motivated me to finish one of my many outstanding projects (too many to count right now). I went to the farm last night and finished this project about 3/4 of the way. Another five or six hours of shop time and I should be able to finish it up and turn on the heat. Although this is not a "tractor" project, it will greatly effect my cub cadets, Ryan's cub, and hopefully many of yours. I am trying to build suspense, if you haven't noticed. More to follow next week.

Hope all is well with all of you.

(Message edited by jluckey on November 18, 2003)

William-
Are you saying that Kohler makes (or has made) pulleys of different diameters? It makes sense, I guess I just never thought about it. Anybody have a Kohler parts book/CD that they could look it up for me? It's on a K301.

Craig-
I'm filing your last post under "Things I never knew about my own tractors!" Thanks for the info.
roflol.gif

Richard,

3 bolt = 90wt oil filled with cast AL cover

4 bolt = factory grease filled with stamped steel cover

Craig C., I have a fairly late production 125, I'm going to have to check for the items you mentioned in regards to Art's 72.
13945.jpg

Latest posts

Back