• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 03, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsnerd

displayname
frank snerd
Erik Peterson (Epeterson)

in addition to what others have said, I would like to add two things, some of the sponsors at the the top of the page offer brand new factory parts, some offer rebuilt, some offer used. you have to check every sponsor .

second, check the classified section here and on sites like EBAY for whole used cubs, you might be better off with buying whole tractors for parts, or use yours as a parts tractor.

everything you want to do can be done, except for the new engine, that I have not seen, but the sponsors will rebuild yours, or sell you a rebuilt.

thanks every one for the suggestions on the 129 PTO, I will let you know what I find when I look at it.

I'd like to throw my .02 worth in the pot. I really enjoy this website more than any other I visit at present; and I'm not just talking tractors. I wish I could afford to patronize ALL of the sponsors but that won't happen. I have made the typical mistakes of a "newbie" and have simply used the corrections offered and kept my fingers off of the keyboard. I have also learned a little about what Charlie has to go through on a daily basis and I couldn't do it. For that, Charlie, I thank you. Many have already mentioned how there will be the "bad apples" but what part of our lives don't experience this? They're everywhere. Also, just because we have the ability to email others on the side doesn't necessarily mean we should especially to gripe about something. I know very little about "The Registry" but it seems obvious there's a lot going on behind closed doors. We here have a person who speaks his mind and I for one appreciate that. I hate wondering about something. If I have done something to offend either someone or the website I like knowing. If I see an apology is in order I was taught that a person needs to fess up. It's good for the soul and ones well being.

After I acquired a few cubs to keep my fathers 128 company I quit taking the newspaper altogether. We have it all right here: news, weather, and sports. I figure if Nascar drivers are athletes then tractor drivers and mechanics can be as well. Plus, it keeps me away, somewhat, from the things that upset me and effects us all. I think you all know what I am saying here. This site is a blessing in disguise simply because we can't run to town for everything we need for these old machines and further more how to install/adjust certain parts, etc.

I was active in another cub site but stopped because it was too unpredictable. A few too many members rubbed me wrong and I saw things happen that I didn't care for repeatedly.

This site may not be perfect but it has my vote for being the best. I have seen far more good people than "not so good" and that says something right there.

Charlie, please keep up the good work and when we start getting to you continue to let us know. There's not a thing in the world wrong with being crabby. I think we all sort of like that too.

Charlie has a really cool side to him, he's like 20 miles from Santa. Ya, shore.

One more note to add here!

It's NOT only me.

Bryan, Kraig and Bob have done more for this website than I ever will. So, lets not forget who REALLY deserves all the credit for making the forum what it is!

I'm just trying to improve what was already here.

What would really be cool is a post from the Rev.
Bryan had his style and I liked it. No B.S. and on topic. I actually enjoyed the occasional POOF I or others would get under his watch.
beerchug.gif

I can't imagine what you go through daily Digger but I do know that I wouldn't do it ...... so I applaud you and the originators.

I must say to the general forum that our Sponsors can and will find you ANYTHING you need for your Cub Cadet. I've recently had dealings with Chris
Westfall and couldn't be happier with his follow up phone calls on my order to insure it was what I needed and lets NEVER forget Dave Kirk and all of his electronic marvels..... and other neat stuff. I did some business with Digger too and as always it was a pleasure.

So Digger..... did I start your RANT because I couldn't find the balance gear removal FAQ.?

clappy.gif

Kevin H I do have a heated garage and soon to be lightly heated cub barn.
This is my first go around with a hydro in the winter I have 129 with a hydraulic lift that is my summer tiller and a 109 mower.
I am going to put a 42 snow blade on the 109 and if needed put a qa36 on the 129w/hyd lift.

so 1 was just was wondering if pushing snow with the blade will be better with the hydro vs gear drive with the same engine.

Jeff, Hydro.
Infinite speed selection...almost a bullet proof unit.

I never have posted a lot here in part because I just never got into the normal flow of conversation. I have however read the forum for probably 3-4 years now. I've owned over 70 Cubs now it turns out and I still constantly pick up new information I never knew. Every site will have pros and cons and everyone's opinions will vary as to what are pros or cons. I have my likes and dislikes with all of the sites (I'll admit it), but I have a lot of respect for what Charlie does because if you ever google a topic and find one of the "univeral" car or tractor forums, things get ugly, things are never answered very good, and there's zero chatting amongst members beyond the topic at hand. I think a site that's been around for a while and has a more personal level of conversation amongst members makes it more enjoyable to read and keep up on.

Probably one of my favorite things here is the sponsor list easy to get to. When I need decals or odd-ball parts I manage to not have, it's easy to get to this site and have all of these Cub parts sites a click away without a bunch of bookmarks or website memorizing.

We often take for granted the effort that K.Mc. puts into this forum. Note that Digger includes Kraig as an integral part of the Forum.

To this end I thank you Kraig.

Well I think I scored a good deal today. All for $140.00 ,the big cylinder will be for my dump trailer and smallest will be a lift for my 450 snow blower and I will have to find another job for the other cylinder.The wheel weights will go on my O I think.Hope you all had a good day. we are getting ready for the big storm that will hit before dawn.

196319.jpg

I just noticed this on Evilbay and there is a series of 19 pictures with number 12 and 13 giving pretty good pictures of the hydrualic pump and belt. Has anyone ever seen a pump like this and the belt is something that I've never seen the likes of before. Go down to the more info area and then where it says to click on to for supersize pictures is where the 19 pictures show up.
poof.gif
I feel sorry for that little Cub Cadet.

And yea I poofed the link to an ongoing auction on Greedbay!
Charlie

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

Now I know you can be long winded, I think 428 am lol
clappy.gif
old.gif

Hi there all you ol' critters! The Rock River Thresheree is on this weekend outside of Edgerton,WI. You all may know it already, just a reminder. I'll be over there with my 2 clowns checking it out tomorrow morning/afternoon. Hope to see some members new and old, I've been away awhile. It's time to re-embark...

Latest posts

Back