• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Will Tiller from CC109 Fit on My CC100

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petercook

displayname
ydpplqbd
Hello all:

New member here. I have two NF CCs: CC100 and CC122. Recently, I spotted a IH rear tiller attachment for sale relatively close by (say 30 miles).
12162022_CC109_W_tiller_quakertown.JPG

Link to the FBMP advertisement: Log in or sign up to view

The advertisement describes this item as follows: used cub cadet tractor with mower deck and rototiller. Runs but needs battery, It's model# 109, 10hp, K241A engine. I would like to go out and check this item out. In a DM, seller represents that the tiller was used last year.

Q1. Will the tiller from the CC109 fit my CC100 (assuming no modifications or heroic measures)?

Q2. Does anyone have a list of items to look at when inspecting a used tiller?

Q3. What is the model number of IH tiller designed for my CC100?

Q4. Do IH CC rear tillers have zerk fitting allowing to grease bearings, etc?

I am sure that these are basic questions for most of you but I really could use some guidance so that I do not get the wrong attachment or one that has been trashed. Thanks in advance.
PS My understanding is that I do NOT need the sleeve-hitch-adapter. But that I do need a lift mechanism.

Last edited:
Any luck?
I’ve heard of “extended length 3-point/sleeve hitches” intended to accommodate the lift-mechanism clearance required of a tiller’s gearbox.

But I have no experience with these tillers (nor 109’s nor 122’s), so am unqualified to really help.

iHCC 100 pride,
-C3

Any luck?
I’ve heard of “extended length 3-point/sleeve hitches” intended to accommodate the lift-mechanism clearance required of a tiller’s gearbox.

But I have no experience with these tillers (nor 109’s nor 122’s), so am unqualified to really help.

iHCC 100 pride,
-C3

Thanks for your help. I passed on the deal as I was.unsure of fitment.

You need the IH 3 point lift is all.
This tiller could be a #2 or a #1 with or w/o extensions, from the picture it appears to be the latter w/extensions.
Bearings are all sealed as is the gear box.
The mule drive will not fit the 100 as, being on a 109, will be a quick attach mule drive.
Look up the tiller for your 100 on the CCC parts look up site link listed at the top of the main page.
You should have a creeper gear installed on the 100 for best operation as the tractor needs to move slowly and operate at WOT when using a tiller, or a snow thrower for that matter.
good luck

Hello all:

New member here. I have two NF CCs: CC100 and CC122. Recently, I spotted a IH rear tiller attachment for sale relatively close by (say 30 miles).
View attachment 152166
Link to the FBMP advertisement: Log in or sign up to view

The advertisement describes this item as follows: used cub cadet tractor with mower deck and rototiller. Runs but needs battery, It's model# 109, 10hp, K241A engine. I would like to go out and check this item out. In a DM, seller represents that the tiller was used last year.

Q1. Will the tiller from the CC109 fit my CC100 (assuming no modifications or heroic measures)?

Q2. Does anyone have a list of items to look at when inspecting a used tiller?

Q3. What is the model number of IH tiller designed for my CC100?

Q4. Do IH CC rear tillers have zerk fitting allowing to grease bearings, etc?

I am sure that these are basic questions for most of you but I really could use some guidance so that I do not get the wrong attachment or one that has been trashed. Thanks in advance.
PS My understanding is that I do NOT need the sleeve-hitch-adapter. But that I do need a lift mechanism.
I'd like you to see that tiller work before you buy. I have a CC102, K241 engine. There was no tiller designed for it but I've seen two 102's jury-rigged with a tiller. No idea how workable. Some of our experts may respond, heed their advice. Jack

Your 100 and 122 are both narrow frame Cub Cadets. You will need both a "narrow frame" lift hitch (as David mentioned) and helper lift spring to aid in lowering and lifting the tiller in and out of the ground (unless you have the narrow frame hydraulic lift attachment). The gearbox and mounting bracket should come with the tiller and are mounted to the back of the transmission. You will need a different long drive belt that runs from the front PTO back to the tiller compared to the drive belt used on the 109 (wide frame). You may be able to use the front mower mule drive but usually you need the beefier pulleys/bearings than the standard sheet metal pulleys. As David mentioned, the creeper drive is also desirable for gear drive Cub Cadet tiller operations as mentioned above.

Back