• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this sent to me from.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

As Per Jim Chabot
The 73 should have a grille that looks striped due to the pattern in the expanded metal while the 72 grille is uniform.

The 73 has a white dash while the 72 was yeller. You can check for color by making a small
scratch in it or look underneath. While yer under there taking a peek at it, the 73 dash is
removable while the dash on the 72 is welded to the pedestal.

The 73 will have some bolts with a wp marking on the head while the 72 used IH bolts
exclusively.

The 73 has cloth and rubber covered wiring while the 72 used thermoplastic insulation.

There may be other minor differences, but they escape me at present. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Tedd and Kent S.:
Here's the plow that belonged to Kent that Tedd bought for me. Thank you once again for this GREAT implement.

My lovely wife thought it would be a good idea to plow all the leaves into our garden. Who am I to turn down her requests?

More action shots to follow:

13907.jpg

13908.jpg

Tedd- Better plan on going 1-ton for a 25'er with any toys in it. . .don't want to have to upgrade the springs as soon as you get it. . again.
happy.gif

Tedd-
Don't listen to them, they don't know what they're talking about. I can load up my 2500 suburban with about 750-800lb. of tounge weight with very little "squat".
Do it, you won't be sad!

Wyatt, I have a complete seet of 123 decals, but can't find them right now.
Here's a 122 dash decal scan.
13911.jpg

How 'bout the model # decals. I've got a NOS dash decal, so that's covered.

Tedd, I know a bunch of guys that brag about how much or how fast. I've done it too. If I was buying something to haul today for myself and the family. I'd spend just as much time comparing brakes as engines. Look real close at GVW and GCVWR. If you want more than 8 or10 MPG go diesel.
Finally, cubs are the best garden tractors out there. IMHO.
happy.gif
<font size="-2">just to keep it on topic</font>

Charlie-
Ask Travis about the wedding where the Pastor brought up Cub Cadets!

All the conversation on various types,sizes trucks to pull with. Anyone have the new 150 gas Ford? They say the can pull up to 9800. Hope it handles a 6600 lb travel trailer.

Ted,
I pull a 30 foot camper with a 1500 Suburban. Been pulling trailers with 1500 Suburban(s) for 12 years. Tounge weight is around 600-700 pounds. Shouldn't have any problems if you have a good weight distributing hitch and a good set of tires. A old Airstream would make a great Cub Hauler.

Gee, Wyatt's eyes look like mine did!!

The biggest thing I look for in a truck is resale. Right now Chevys are on the bottom of the pole around here. I'm not a Ford man, but it's what I have to pull trailers.

My car trailer is an old camper. 24 ft long and hauls cubs to full size trucks just fine. I got a DMI hitch on this truck so no equalizer hitch but it don't do bad. Longest run so far was to St. Louis MO. a year ago last Christmas for a 74 Nova.
Wyatt, Nice picture
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

(Message edited by dross on November 17, 2003)

Wyatt, I just can't find that set of 123 decals. I'll look later this week. Email me with what you need. I'm busy tonight with football
happy.gif
& tomorrow. Business meeting to attend in CR!

Great wedding shot! Happy couple!!

Rain forecast for tonight but the rest of the workweek looks great. Thursday or Friday I may be able to try out my new & improved easy to adjust disk coulter on the Brinly!
happy.gif

I fixed my chop saw today. It's been out of commission since the brushes went south last winter. I found some with the corect spring, but wrong size in thickness and filed them down to fit on a hand file. The saw works great now! Wish I had fixed it last winter! I've been severely handicaped in my projects without it! I went on a cutting spree today!

(Message edited by jlang on November 17, 2003)

Art -

Doubt this will help ya, but...

13917.jpg

Would someone be kind enought to send me the part number for the PTO Bearing. I know it has been posted here many times but I have failed to find it in the FAQ search.
Thanks for any help!!

Cheby is priced out with factory "Load equalizing" hitch and "Tow" package. Added the trans cooler in for kicks too. It may be a year till I put money down, so Ford has a chance.
happy.gif

A lot of this hinges on the way things turn at work. We have had a good run of orders the last couple of months. They are letting us buy replacment parts for the equipmant!!! <font size="-1">maybe I can get some of my Cub parts back now....</font> I miss the vans I have had in the past. Heck my 1/2 ton Ford Club wagon (with 5.4) pulled very well.

My neighbor is really interested in this conversion I have in mind for the Airstream he spotted for me. He is in to Airstreams the way we are in to Cubs.
proud.gif
He wants me to have one too, so he can come over to play. I think I almost have him hooked on Cubs. Loaned him Stinky and the sweeper the other weekend and man the smile on his face........

Wyatt,
Man I had the same "Dear in the headlights" look too, at my wedding reception........13 1/2 years ago.

Back to the basement rehab......

Latest posts

Back