• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe "M",
I guess I spoke too soon. Having never owned a 1X8/9 series, I didn't know about the PTO brake. We've had 1 1/2" + of rain overnight so won't be playing in the mud today so a visit with Rob and Skip at R.F. Houtz today was in order. I found out about the PTO. Thanks guys!

Art,
I have a 6" pulley and 26"er rears on Mein Kub. If you are going with the 8" pulley better Super Glue your a$$ to the seat!

Now, out to the garage for some quality Cub wrenchin' time. (No wife or kids around!)

Tom-
Where did you get that pulley? <font size="-2">...Or did you make it?</font> I'm thinking a 4" pulley will get me the slightly added ground speed that I'm looking for. I just don't want to be on the Plow Special in the furrow at the next PD holding up 7hp narrow frames <font size="-2">(Kent Schultz..cough...cough..)</font>again. That was embarrassing!
hide.gif

Art at least with the plow special you don't have to clean the trash away from the hydro lines

Here's a couple of more shots of me plowin' in the leaves.

13947.jpg

13948.jpg

The garden had already been plowed for the seaon when Frau asked to plow in the leaves. Plowing an already plowed field was a mess. The furrow from the previous pass was not as clean as when I did it the first time.

13949.jpg

oops.
Sorry for the repeated pic. Here's the one I meant to print:

your_image.gif

oops.
Sorry for the repeated pic. Here's the one I meant to print:

13952.jpg

So what's the deal with a Spring Plowday? Has anybody jumped in, or do I need to start looking for land?....
happy.gif

I know some people can just drop everything and run if one gets scheduled "last minute", but I think we start losing participants if it get's announced any later than the first of the year...

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Well.
Since it's quite, I'll print a few more shots from plowing the other day.

Wanted to expand the garden, so took out some grass:
13954.jpg

Here's a closer shot:
13955.jpg

And, one more, showing the work of the coulter:
13956.jpg

Art, why are you taking pictures of the pulley on your kilt? Looks like you have been wearing it quite a bit due to all the wear!
lol.gif

So, is it safe to say that New Years is the dead line for notice of PD location and date??? Just checking. I found some more land that is bean stuble and I believe is Park district.

Must plow.....must plow.....

I got some quick help last night. Today I'm in trouble again and hope someone will help me. I went by my NAPA dealer today and picked up a PTO bearing for my cub.(with the number I was given last night) I also tried to purchase a thrust bearing for the steering box. I ask for a "nice 605 " and they could not find a listing or a cross reference. This is a store that will go the extra mile to help you but this bearing has stumped them. Is there another number? Many thanks to anyone that can help.

Art,
I have a 6" cast spoked aluminum on Mein Kub. I think I got it from Granger.

Did get some wrench time in today. I came to the conclusion that I not going to go with the 8hp. Hydro, instead I'm going to make a 148. Will set well next to the 120, 582, 1600 and Mein Kub. Imagine that, another gear drive!

(Message edited by thoffman on November 18, 2003)

Ben, I got mine from Motion Ind.
Should be availabe at most bearing warehouses.

Benjamin - I had the same problem. I asked for a 605, and I got the blank stare. I then found out it is a 605v. Try asking for a 605v. You would think that when they look up a 605 bearing and see a 605v, they would say, "hey there's a 605v, you wanna try it?" (No Bryan, I still don't want to maintain the FAQs
13959.gif
)

Mark, Benjamin-
I've run into the same thing, I did find a V605 but was told it's about 5/8" thick, thicker than what it looks like they should be.

When I get time I'm going to just go through Motion Industries . . . . . just too bad I don't have them as a supplier where I work anymore, "samples" were always nice!

Two things,

ONE- What's up with no new Pins in the Membership Map above, I know there's more guys out there that have not sent Bryan your info!
You guys waitin for a personal invite or what?
I'm not above searching the archives and sendin out a MASS MAILING!!!!!

TWO- What would be the consensus if any for PD7 in S.E. Minnesota?

Charlie-
Southeast as in your neck of the woods?

Being that I'm an hour drive from the MN border, and a 30 second walk from WI I'd be in.

Back