• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 18, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave - So that's keeping you up at night huh ?
What about a belt drive ?
MF tractors had a cable driven tach on the backside of a Delco Remy alternator.

I've seen it on corvets too. you'd need to figure the gear ratio too. I can't believe it would be the same, then again wierder things have happened.

Dave: My question is, where are you going to find a mechanical tachometer? I don't know if they still make the things, or do you already have one?
1a_scratchhead.gif

My 3000 Ford diesel tractor has a cable driven tach. on the back of the generator. Probally could be adapted to the cub cadet generator. But i am not smart enough to do it.

I was just thinking i could go fishing for Ken while he worked on the tachometer.

I have one that came on my 4A084, 0-5000, The problem I see with a generator drive is what do you do with QL and newer?

You put a pulley on the flywheel side and wrap a belt around it.
On an alternator driven cable tach you would use the same size pulley on a jackshaft as the alternator uses then drive the tach off the end of the shaft. The ratio would have to be figured according to the driven pulley and the driving pulley along with the tach's ratio.
Doable but more trouble than it's worth.

Luther - I'm looking for somebody to go !

Kentucky, GF going to Kentucky to see her daughter and sil next weekend. FT Campel (mabey)

Steve Archer. I visited with a member of the Iowa State garden tractor pullers club briefly about your drag racing Cub Cadet project and the type of drivetrain that you're considering using. He suggests using a chain instead of your present design thoughts. MUCH safer.
happy.gif

Dave, I sent you a email about a cam.

My grandfathers ford 2600 has a gear driven tach, it has a spot in the side of the block for it.

Latest posts

Back