• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 08, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wild Bill,
You really need to dump your cache, your puter is seeing a dead page from a couple days ago.

Also, you need to bookmark this page or this one http://tinyurl.com/pnuvg

That way you won't be going to the old site.
biggrin.gif

Hey all. My 149 will occasionally leak fuel once parked. I went into the garage about an hour after mowing the other day and smelled gas, noticing a small puddle. I've tried to ensure the throttle is fully closed when shutting down but it still occasionally happens. Any suggestions?

Mike: Have you checked things like cracked/damaged fuel line, fuel line fittings, carburator bowl gasket, etc?

Mike: Had the exact problem w/ My original. An $8.00 carb rebuld kit and an hour did the trick. I think that the Floats get gummed up and don't seal properly. Power equipt. place told me it's due to ethanol in Gas.

Mark

Bill - I've only casually inspected it. I thought I'd throw the question out there to arm myself with a checklist. I've got it shut off with the fuelcock so I'm good until I can get back to it. Thanks.

The carb on my K301 seaps gas around the gasket where the bowel and carb body meets.

The local auto mech, says that the float is set to high.
He is also the local mech who repairs farm tractors.

I have tried tightening the float bowel and still the leak remains.

Could his suggestion of lowering the float be the trick to stopping this type of leak?

I know what needs to be done to keep the gas from leaking at the fuel shut off. Dont shut off the gas. As it only leaks when I try to shut off the gas at the valve. The fix here I know is to replace the valve with a new sedament bowel& shutoff valve.

Lonny,
If you don't want to remove your carb and rebuild it, you can level the fuel bowl on the tractor. Just remove the bowl and use your one good eye and level the float. Works everytime, that is if your tractor is setting level before you start.
biggrin.gif

Charlie,
Thanks for the advice, I take it all I need to do is bend the float down a tiny bit to make it level.

As for when the tractor happens to be parked on a level surface it does not leak, but how often does one get to park on a level surface when out working with the cubs.

Lonny,
Yepper, that oughta do it. One of those small line levels works fine for that too.

Lets see what a 77K pic looks like too.
37942.jpg

Charlie.
Thanks again.

What in the world happened to those rims on that cub?
What is that yellow thing hanging off the back, and is that a valve cover under the seat being used a a tool box?

(Message edited by lbuttke on August 09, 2006)

Nothin Lonny,
They got goofy looking with the pic reduction I guess.
37944.jpg

It's a hitch for a ball, just a little higher than normal, LOL
37945.jpg

And that's an old bread pan/toolbox.

CHARLIE - Have You, Bryan, & Bob increased the size of the Complaint Box on this forum? Might help in getting meaningful suggestions....
rofl.gif

LONNIE - The carb bowl is a flimsy alum. stamped or drawn piece... tightening the brass nut on the bottom probably just distorts it more. When You have the bowl off adjusting the float You should probably flatten the sealing surface on the bottom of the bowl with a small hammer and a couple flat pieces of wood. Seems like there is a stiffening rib around the sealing surface and You have to flatten the bottom INSIDE that rib. Just a very little bit is all You want to do to increase the compression on the gasket.

Kraig -

Nice pics. 80K makes for some in-your-face clarity - those just JUMPED out...

Everyone -

As we transition (especially with the domain name transfer to the new server) you may notice that things may disappear - that's because it can take up to a couple days for the change to propagate across the 'net. Some folks may see it right away, some with a more "podunk" ISP may not see it for days.

Anywho, you may find some dead ends, broken links, etc here. It's a work in progress, but it appears that I've got the majority of stuff working.

Note also that Bob's "unofficial IH Cub Cadet" page will be making the move with us. Currently it's available at https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/BobsPage/ and we'll have a link to it on the main page and in the FAQ soon enough.

Kraig,
I like those big pics!
biggrin.gif

Dennis,
That might work too, but I've got Bryan workin hard on other things right now. He's put many hours into this deal and is doing a great job I might add!

Here are some photos from Mark Schairer of SN 4740 and his Haban 502-D:

37952.jpg

37953.jpg

37954.jpg

37955.jpg

37956.jpg

37957.jpg

37958.jpg

Charlie, Bryan, I do like being able to post larger size photos. I'm not sure it's the larger size that makes those jump out as David did a good job taking them. They are bright and crisp with very nice color. So credit where credit is due: Good job on the photos David!

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on August 10, 2006)

Let's see if I've got our tags put back in...

\ch{ih} - <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>

\ch{disclaimer} - <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

A larger, bad, out of focus picture is nothing more than a larger, bad, out of focus picture.

I'm putting the final polish on the obit but until then -

Just so we don't forget:

THINGS WE CAN LEARN FROM A DOG
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
Take naps and stretch before rising.
Run, romp and play daily.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do. On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Rev and crew - -

Back