• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 08, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,
I know that all concerned APPRECIATE what you have done in the past with the forum and what it has accomplished for the hobby over the years.
I think we all owe you a BIG THANK YOU! Because without you, There probably wouldn't be a hobby and the many other Cub Cadet sites wouldn't be here either!
37960.gif

Charlie, it looks to me like he's throwing out a combination of Crayola Forest Green, Crayola Sea Green and Crayola Spring Green to me.
happy.gif

And where is all the grass coming from? The grass ahead of the tractor looks like a putting green! That slant back grill tractor really does look nice though.... The blue in the decals & seat trim looks sharp! Nice contrast to the yellow & white.

Hard to do with no mule drive belt......

One of the machine screws on my 149 PTO worked itself loose. It came out and locked itself against the rockshaft and got bent. I can replace the screw, but what could have caused it? Should I replace the throw out levers too? I recently rebuilt the PTO but did not replace the machine screws or the levers.

Guys,
I think that might just be mold growing out of his deck. The mule drive he is using is the spare unit he has in the shop for spare parts. He removed the spring and tensioner and gave them to his brother in law who breaks and looses everything he owns.

His brother in law is the one in the following post looking under his cub. He is trying to find the mule drive parts that flew everywhere when he was too lazy to move the brick on the lawn, and thought he could just drive over it.

Looked obvious to me.
bouncy.gif

David G.
If it were me and I planned on keeping the tractor, I would do it all the way. If one went the others might jkust follow suit.
Madson's, Houtz or CC Specialties have just what ya need to fix it up.

DAVID G. - I know those special screws are double-nutted to keep them from loosening, Your's probably had the jam nut then the main nut come off and the screw went flying. You buy all the parts to repair/replace things in those PTO clutches and it gets expensive but as Charlie says all the parts are available. Try a drop of LOCK-TITE on those screws next time as well as the jam nuts.

Wide frame deck questions.
I have a 44a deck on my 1650 that I am having some trouble with.
1)The two outside spindles are in trouble. One had the nut loosen up that connects the blade to the spindle and wore off some of the threads. The other spindle had the nut on top that holds pulley into place loosen also and wore the pulley and the keyway on the shaft out. The spindles I believe are the "old-style" because the spindle bolts on from the bottom if the deck. Which is more is more money smart. Buy a new/rebuilt deck or rebuild this one? Can the spindles be a "mix" of old and new style? The shell is in good shape.
2) The undercarriage (the part that lifts the deck) has seen its better days. All of the pivot point holes are significantly larger then the pins going through them. Was there bushings in these pivot points originally? Would putting bushings in these pivot points provide with a better mowing job?
3) When I mow my yard I get all sorts of ridges in it. Its like the center blade makes "rumble strip" ridges in the grass. What do I have to do to solve this problem.

Thanks for your time,
Seth

I like the new format and thanks for making the classifieds free.

Is that the correct color pattern for the front rims on that cub Kraig posted?
White on the outside and yellow in the inside?

Apond clooser inspection, I see that the yellow rim must be from JD as it aint even the same shade yellow as the rest of the cub.

Also how does one start that cub, looks like the battery is missing also.

Seeing how the starter belt is yellow, if one looks close enough you might be able to make out what appears to be a yellow mule drive belt.

Aint large, sharper photos nice, more things get knoticed.

I couldn't share this before because of the 50kb picture size limit, but now that it's been raised to 80....
37971.gif

Lonny-

I think the yellow wheel is a reflection.

Just logged in. This is just for Charlie!!

WELL DONE GUYS!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back