• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 08, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a reminder for those who may have missed the 1st posting....

FALL PLOW DAY - STEVE BLUNIER FARM - ROANOKE, IL

Sat. October 21st

Rain Date Sat. October 28th

We are going to have Friday night plowing (RSVP Please) at a field about 1/4 mile away (convoy down, plow for about an hour, convoy back).

Other details are similar to the past as far as Saturday's main event is concerned.

All are welcome!!!!

(Charlie, feel free to add this info to the PD webpage whenever you have the time...thanks!!!)

Nice work on the new upgrades.

Special thanks to Bryan, Rev., and Charlie for all of their work with the site......your efforts don't go unnoticed!!!!!

Another picture of Tom's X Mein Kub
37978.jpg

Lonny, as Matt pointed out thte yellow on the inside of the wheel is just a reflection. I doubt that there is a belt on it as there is no adjuster bolt or tension spring shown.

37980.jpg

37981.jpg

this Dash Board graphic? It is on my Original #3410, and my 3 week younger #4861 has the more familiar graphics. Is anyone reproducing these decals? They are in pretty good shape; I wonder if I can remove them safely by some method (heat?) and reuse them after I refinish the pedestal.
37984.jpg

Looks like I lost part of my text. The question was about the extent of usage of this dash panel graphic. This tractor is from Feburary 61.

Michael, that looks like a cross between the Original dash decal nad a 70/100 dash decal. I've never seen that same setup before perhaps you have a prototype of some sort. Can you take photos of other areas of the tractor and post them please to see if we can spot any other differences? Looks like it had an amp gauge mounted at one point that's what the two holes below the steering column are from.

Below is a 70/100 dash note the "Cub Cadet" crest appears to be very similar to the one on your Original.

37986.jpg

I LOVE THE CHANGES!!!!!

CONGRATS TO CHARLIE AND BRYAN AT THE HELM!!!!

Can't wait for Plow Day, fun stuff!!!

Hey Guys:

A guy locally is selling some 1350 and 1450 series tractors. I have an Original, and know my impliments won't work with a Wide Frame, but overall, can I get some opinion on 1350's and 1450's? Do the decks last? Easy / hard to work on? Find Parts For, Impliments Available? Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks,

Mark

Here are some more photos from David C. of his 1650 with Haban.

37988.jpg

37989.jpg

37990.jpg

37991.jpg

37992.jpg

37993.jpg

Mark, I doubt it that one of them is a "1350" as there was no such animal. More likely it is a 1250 but there was also a 1650. FWIW the 1250 is a 12hp, the 1450 is a 14hp and the 1650 is a 16hp. This series of Cub Cadets have the engines mounted with rubber bushings aka ISO mounts which are usually in need of replacement. I'll leave the rest of the comments to the guys that have them.

That new size limit sure makes crisp photos jump out at you. Thanks to Kraig for some excellent examples. Great big fuzzy pics just aren't very impressive.

That conversion to tractor lift on the Haban sure appears to be a sanitary bit of work. Could you show us more of it and maybe get Dave to provide a bit of narrative on the finer points . Thanks again Kraig.

Michael, after conversing with some friends about that dash we came to the conclusion that it is just a 70/100 dash decal cut up. Soooooo if you wish to replace it with the same setup the 70/100 dash decal should be available from the sponsors linked above it might not come seperate though as it usually is only available as a complete decal set. But then I could be wrong. :eek:)

Kraig, Many thanks for posting the pics for me. I guess its time to hone my limited computer skills. The lift parts for the Haban were made from my junk pile. The main idea was not to modify the Cub or the mower. All added parts can be removed and originals reinstalled. Since I cannot weld everything was made with a lathe and drill press.I am sure when the experts look this over there will be some suggestions for improvements, I am very interested in feedback. I hope this helps Ted B. make a decision. If anyone has a specific question I'll do my best to answer it. Thanks again Kraig.

Thumbs up on the new website performance, and I'm having "lift" issues with my 44C deck:

Not enough lift!! Seems to me that at full height, I ought to be mowing 4" or more. I'm not even getting 3.5".

I had to level the deck, and noticed that only the right side hanger from the ram arm to the mule drive is adjustable, the other side is fixed. I assume this is to aid in levelling, since you only have to mess with one side, but I ALSO noticed that a little bit of adjustment on the adjustable hanger will REALLY JACK the right side into the air! Why couldn't I install an adjustable hanger on the left side also, and adjust my height WAAAAY up?

Am I missing some key parameter to get more deck height?

Ted, what model Cub Cadet do you have again? I recall that there were some deck height issues posted some time ago. I believe it was Richard C. that had posted about this and a possible fix for it. I'll have to see if I can find those posts. It'll take me a while to find them, if I even can, so please be patient with me. In the mean time perhaps Richard or someone else will post the info.

Kraig, Thanks for the info. I'll take another look to see if the dash decals appear to be cut from a larger graphic. Those two holes were actually the mounting holes for an hour meter the PO had installed. I haven't found anything else so far that is different from my #4861, but I haven't gone over it closely yet.

Kraig/Ted B. -

Could have something to do with the spirol pins on the lift arms/rockshaft. They like to crack, which causes things to sag on one side or the other. The spirol where the hydraulic lift meets the rockshaft can cause the whole thing do sag, too.

Then there's also the "bend the subframe" fix.

Bryan, that's what it was! I couldn't remember, ya see I only have narrow frames and they don't have that issue........
happy.gif

Now if I can only find that post about it........

Back