• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, I'll trade you your 16" of snow for my 3 days of rain, I'll even add a fourth if it doesn't stop soon.

Does anybody have a good method of installing the keepers on the valve stem for my K341? I used to borrow a tool for that purpose, but now I don't have access to it. Thanks

A healthy dab of greese on the valve stem, will help hold the keepers in position.

David - I've got a spring compressor but I don't think my arm is long enough to reach it to ya. If you have an Advance Auto Parts around they rent tools. Other parts stores may as well.

OK guys I'm gonna tell ya a secret tip I learned back in the early 70's when you're doing valve work. It was for working on small block Chevys but it's universal.

When you're taking off the valve stem keepers or installing springs you can do it without removing the heads (remember this was for cars) you can get an adapter for the spark plug hole and put an air compressor hose on it. (Back then we had to make or own adapters with an old busted plug). As long as the valves seat and as long as the air hose has pressure it'll hold the valve up.
<font color="0000ff">BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE</font>
happy.gif

Ken: I have a valve spring compressor. The tool I am talking about is one that you put the keepers in and slide them over the stem. It holds them against the stem while you release the compressor. The grease idea should work. Thanks

my compression gauge hose can be connected directly to an air hose for that purpose (once you take the valve out of the end)

Well guys ive spent the last hour and a half driveing the #2 123 all over Gods green earth.I can officaly tell you guys I have driven a cub 1st time ever!!!!
buttrock.gif
the neighbor came over and asked how much torque it has and challenged me,told me to come over hes got a drag for me,said if it can pull this you got yourself a tractor!the drag was about 5 feet long three to four inch square peice of bar stock,i dont think my tractor missed a beat,drug that sucker all around the front yard loos sandy garden dirt!the neighbors eyes were open wide in amazement! Just wanted to share that with you guys thanks for the help in gettin this baby runnin
Jason

Jason D.
COOL!
thumbsup_old.gif

Now that your really hooked, your gonna have to start carrying around a camera for the action shots you'll be having.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back