• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike N. If you have a early version quietline the ground goes from frame to starter like this on the front of the engine.

80611.jpg

If you have a later version quietline the ground is on the rear of the engine from frame to engine like this.

80612.jpg

MIKE NUTTER (Manutter) hehe you will be back,,cus you got it ( yf) yellow fever. hapens to the best of us. Now a big d truck and another trip with my trailer and wife 2 dogs . but i`am going down the blue ridge mountains to finger lickin country and to min country next to have them root beers after that mountain man. Can`t waite lol.

Donald - Any country is Finger Lickin' Country. Go get ya a big hammer and flatten yer finger with it and see if you don't put it in your mouth and lick it.

Ice building up outside. Freezing rain and sleet, looking at maybe 5" of snow by saturday evening.

Has anyone had a problem with their automatic compression realease?I went to start the tractor tonight,all excited with flashlight in hand to see where i was going in the back yard,cause i dont have any head lights and with a fully charged battery it cranked over sooo slooow had a hard time gettin past the compression stroke....bummer!i took the spark plug out and and that starter spun great but with it in it would barley crank.i read the kohler manual and i guess i got to remove the oil pan to inspect the ACR.possibly a broken spring or came un hooked.any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.i started #1 123 with a 18 volt cordless makita and a pully mounted to a 3/8 shaft because i had no SG so i assume the SG should be able to turn the motor with no problems
thanks jason

Jason; Sounds like you have a bad connection on the battery, or a bad ground conn.Clean and inspect all terminals good. Both ends of cables. Check cranking voltage at starter Gen.. Should not fall below about 10 to 11 volts.Just my 2c
Luther Hinds

Ken; Got 2" snow this a m. Chains on all 4 wheels and barb wire on steering wheel, 1 Pint of imported Pepsi.

Jason - Copper's cheap these days , you might want to run a ground from the battery to the engine. You could use a battery jumper cable from the battery to the engine as a temporary ground to see if that helps. If it does then you know where your problem is.
I'd say on your cordless it has more torque than the S/G.

Luther - Looks like less than 3" here. More coming though. Birds are singing , at least they're happy with only 3". I want a foot or more !

Jason: I think the ACR is dependent on valve clearance - checked by removing the breather behind the carburator. The breather can be put back upside down, too. (Hole goes down).
Quite a trick with the 18v cordless! First time I've heard of that one!
happy.gif

hey Guys,
wave.gif
I'm pretty new to the IH cub cadet forum. so new I've just been lurking a while. Just saw Luther's cadet....very nice looking set up, as I've seen most here are.
I have a '76 Cub Cadet 1000, had it since brand new. My plan is trying to clean it up, and make sure its running this Summer. I may need a lot of help from each of you, and the FAQs section. I hope you all don't mind. Its been a very interesting forum. TIA p.s. I'll put some pics up as soon as my cam is working again, or I get a new one.
wave.gif

Morning all. Could someone tell me what the weight of a new k321a would be for shipping? (Lbs). Thanks Don T
coffee.gif

Thanks
Luther ill check the cranking voltage,I removed the battery last night and started to un hook all the elec,connections to clean but it got late and i was tired.the cub was in a gerrage for the last 10 years near the beach so the humidity was high.
Ken I recycled som copper a couple months ago and got 3.14 a pound!Cheap new thats funny!I have a few cabels i got from my moms truck for a power converter there pretty big i was thinking or replaceing the battery cabels with them.The 18 volt makita has 404 in.lbs of torque on low so i supose so!Ill try the ground to the engine also thanks
Frank i was reading the kohler manual last night and it gives me the procedure on checking the valve clearnces.that would suck putting that cover on upside down it would be like a funnel!anyway the kohler manual says the ACR is pretty stout so tearing the engine apart will be the last thing i do!
Morning Don!

It's offical! I have added the, destined for the junk yard, 126 to my collection - that I never intended to start. Decent looking machine. It was delivered a day late just in time for the transition to blizzard conditions. But the price was right. It is now covered, actually concealed, in snow. My wife will never know!!
The only issue I found was the starter generator is unable to turn by hand. It is locked up. I have never dismantled one yet...but I am about to.
Any suggestions or recommendations on a repair method would be appreciated. I'm sure the sponsors, located above, will have all the parts I will need. Life is Good!!

Thomas B.-

The tractor's manual and Kohler's service manual detail the repair of the starter/generator. I'm guessing that the rear bearing is seized. It's pretty easy to check, you just have to remove the two through bolts and pop off the end cover.

Tom B. it is said there is always room for one more. If you go to the FAQ's at top of page and look at #21 you will get a basic idea of S/G's. Then go over to Charlies FAQ's and see #47A. There was a discussion a while back about dis-assembly, someone may remember where to find it and tell you this afternoon.

thank's rich mine does mount on the block. as for "yf" got it bad lookin for another for a project

here's a pic of the "escalade"as my wife calls it.she was born 3/77, ive had it 2 years now tractor is awesome cant wait to get another.
80618.jpg

Let me get out my magnifying glass ... bifocals aren't enough ...

I remember 1977 ... it was right after 1976 , it was also 2 years before I got married for the second time
happy.gif

CRAP! The sun is melting our snow
angry.gif

ken, I got some snow you can have, 16" in columbus area since yesterday morning and still coming. And me with no blade. still got the 100 out just to see if it could get around in it. did ok but weights and chains are definitely on the wish list along with the blade.

Latest posts

Back