• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRIAN LANASA - On Your broken lift lever latch...I had the same problem a couple years ago... The repair works best of You have an acetylene torch available....a propane torch may be able to heat the bend on the bottom of the lift lever enough. But You need to straighten out the bend on the bottom of the lever so the rod slides out thru the top. Then remove the threaded portion You can't get Your vicegrips on then clean & lube everything up, maybe even replace the spring and reinstall everything from the top, then reheat & rebend the bottom of the latch rod. I had the same problem with My 72 about 4 yrs ago and this is the only way I could fix it right....and I tried about 3-4 other ways with less than satisfactory results.

Well, while Some of You Guys were building SNOWMEN
eek.gif
and plowing....I got My 72 back somewhat together....at least it looks like a tractor again....maybe next weekend I'll get it running. Then the 70 comes all apart for a Restoration! as a 100.

Whose tractor is this 8820?
55119.jpg

I need to resize more photos from PD13 so I can up-load some of them.

I sure enjoy those taken by others so far!
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing them.

Oh I guess it is ok to put them here!
happy.gif

Looks like a great time gang!!! Glad things went well and I am sure there were many, many laughs!

Saga of the 1650 I am looking at. Real nice tractor and mower one owner and has been well kept. The old story of those quiet lines. Motor mounts (The rubbers are shot) left side bad. Seat shot but overall a 7 out of 10 tractor. Priced a little high but I think the guy will budge a little.

Question: Since this is a Hydro do they normally have hydraulic lift this one does or was that an option?

Question 2: Can somebody send me an e-mail or post a picture of the coil side (my right side sitting on seat) of the motor? The picture I had taken is not very clear and having a bit of trouble. As much work as I have put into this 1000 I really do not want to take a BFH to it!
censored.gif

Thank you
Pops

Charlie, Travis, all, great job on Plow Day! :eek:)

Art, thanks for the ride down and back!

Video and photo stats: I've got about 1 hour and 45 minutes of video and I took 75 photos on Friday and 212 photos on Saturday. As usual for the PD Photos CDs if you submit photos you get a free copy of the Photo CDs, more then likely this one will be a 6 CD set (or just a single DVD) due to larger file size from newer cameras. I already have the photos from the guys I rode down with and were up to 1.3Gig of data. That's 471 photos and 11 video clips so far.
bouncy.gif

I'll try to get some photos resized and posted to the Plow Day forum today and throughout the week.

It was nice to meet some more people and put faces to names. Matt G, Greg "Lip" good to meet you guys. I saw a couple of guys and was able to put faces to names even if I didn't get to actually meet you, Brian B. from Michigan and Earl Ford.

Brian B., your daughter spent most of Friday and Saturday playing with Art Aytay's daughter and my daughter. I think she left her gloves in Art's truck, they were soaking wet from playing in the snow. I got them dried out and I can send them to you if you wish, send me your mailing address to my email.

Lip, I like your humor!
lol.gif

Iowa looks great! Lots of nice straight long lines.looks like a fun time. the green team looks organized, but.. they are not pretty
I have a 782, I recently blew apart the jack shaft on my h42 thrower. This also damaged one of the universal joints. none of the driveshaft parts are available.I have a few options for replacement ujoints but I wanted to make sure the can handle the rpm.
Does anyone know the max speed at the driveshaft.
or the rpm at the pto?
I just finished testing a joint my mechinist welded in (pin and block type max rpm 1500 max angle 35d.) It worked fine by hand,and for a few minutes under power before turning bright orange and bursting into flames!I could not find rpm in the manuals or on the farq list,but i think I need to find out before we try again.needle bearings good.

Thanks John

John S., are you sure those parts are NLA? Did you check the Parts Lookup link above? I just checked and the parts were not marked NLA. Give it a try, just enter H42 as the model number and you can get part numbers and exploded views and even place your order on line.

Hi Fellas,

When I look at my 125 and my 127, the only differences I'm seeing is in their sheetmetal & dash.
Are there any mechanical or drivetrain differences between the 125 and 127?
If so, will someone please point them out to me?

Thanks in advance, Guys!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, I believe they have different hydro control assemblies and linkages. Also the return tube for the hydro might be different and the skid plate is different. Use the Parts Lookup link above for exploded views of each and you might find some other subtle differences. Oh yeah, the 125 has an internal brake and the 127 has external brakes.

Pops:

The Hydraulic Lift was standard equipment on the 1450 & 1650. See attached image...

55145.jpg

Here is a image of the RH side of the Q/L Motor..

55146.jpg

John L., that is a 982D. Not sure who it belongs to. I believe it was there last year too, along with a second 982D that belongs to Mark Plotz. I should point out that there was never a factory 982D the two that I know of were home shop creations, both are very well done!

KRAIG - And I Second that comment about the nice looking 982D's!
thumbsup.gif

Bcorn, it is my understanding that all 1650's were factory equipped with hydraulic lift as well as headlights. Hope this helps.

Roland: Thanks, having trouble getting that shield on that side in. I know it slides in behind the cowl of the motor and how it attaches but just having troubles alaigning the top hole with the coil and the metal. Picture helps alot!

Also thanks for the 1650 info, figured the lift was like that but not afraid to ask.

Jon: Thanks for the help also.

Pops

Off topic post. I had this guy (gal??) in my yard this morning. He was snuggled up to my foundation. I startled him (he startled me too!
yikes.gif
) as I walked by. It appears that he may have flown into my house last night. His left eye looks like it's injured. His wings appear to work OK. When I left for work he was still setting in my yard. I contacted the The Raptor Center at the University of Minnesota to see what I should do. If I can find it when I get home I'll be calling them back for further instructions. Hate to see a Great Horned Owl get hurt hopefully I'll be able to find him and get him some help.

55153.jpg

55154.jpg

55155.jpg

Kraig-
I'd say the poor guy looks like you the morning of PD before you had your coffee....

55158.jpg

Latest posts

Back