• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 08, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnicklas

displayname
John Nicklas
Kraig, thanks for the complement but I can’t take credit for the paint job. About 2 years ago I saw a headlight panel and grill sticking out from under a tarp by a garage on the way to work, almost broke my neck trying to see what it was, and saw it was a wide frame or quiet line. Watched the next few days and it didn’t move. Coming back to town on a Friday evening it was setting in the front yard with a for sale sign on it, couldn’t get turned around fast enough. Talked to the owner had a very cheap price on it, started and ran good everything worked. He said he had the engine gone through and just happen to own a local industrial paint shop. Bought it and was trying it out the next day, didn’t run more than an hour and the engine let go, piston, crank, and internal damage. Started looking for an engine and found one in Peoria May of 2014.I installed it a few days later but had to put it off. My older brother got very ill, and he passed in in April this year. Spent a lot of time with him and have been helping my sister-in law get things taken care of. Now I will have some time to work on my herd. I just picked up another 1650 2 weeks ago with Scott’s help. Turns out it wasn’t a 1650. It is a mixture of parts, SN shows a 1250, Dash tower is 1650, and engine is a 16hp. Had a broken dipstick tube, missing bolts in the engine mount. Nice little project to see what I will wind up with.

I do have a couple more questions, after I got the 1650 running I noticed it was not starting in the normal manor. I would crank on it but it wouldn’t fire. I would turn it off and try again and still nothing. One time I cranked and let it go to the on position and it would fire and run, Scott and I talked about it and he thought he had seen a discussion about this same problem and thought it had to do with the way the coil was wired. Secondly, what kinds of wiring changes have to be made to put a QS engine in a WF? I know the voltage regulator is different, would I need a QL wire harness and key switch. This would be going in a 129 or 149 and I would wire the PTO safety switch as the electric PTO switch. What other changes would I need to do? I am partial to WF tractors, I have had my 149 for 35 years.

Does anyone have a part number for a stens true blue belt , I have a 104 with a 42 inch deck with the quick attach deck. I've already looked up top. the old one was getting bad before it broke and wrapped around everything and had to cut it out to get it off. So no number on it. I'm tired of using the pushmower.

Jonathan S.
Stens doesn't offer the PTO to the deck belt anymore. But they do have the deck belt.
PN/ 248-077

A word of caution, Stens changed manufacturer's/suppliers of their belts a few years ago and reports I've gotten is that they are not what they used to be.
That's why I quit selling them.
But rumor has it that they are or are going to go back to the original maker. I'll have to call my rep and find out for sure.

John N. I have a 1000 that was doing the same thing. Turned out to be the ignition switch.

Yours could be the same thing or lose/broken/corroded wires/terminals/connectors behind the switch.

Charlie... Ok thanks for getting back at me , I don't know a whole lot about there belts. New or old , 2 make a long story short I had to replace the deck belt last year , 4 some reason I told the guy it was a 48 inch deck. The belt I got was a stens true blue 248-080 .. 1/2x80 .. It seemed a little loose but works good. I'm almost sure its a 42 inch deck on it . I think that's why I was having trouble looking With out going out in the garage and looking at the id tag I know it starts with 42 something whatever. If you get a min can you tell me what size belt I really need. Thanks

Jonathan S.
The belt you got is for a 48" deck.
48" IH-489399-R1-1/2 X 80"

The one you need for a 42" deck is,
42" IH-477599-R2-1/2 X 77"

I need to find the Video of Steve pulling his plow that he built that had more than one bottom plow. There is a guy over here that says a garden tractor won`t pull more than on and he doubts that is possible. I can`t wait to post a video and take his $$ and prove what an @@$ he is lol
Shift.gif

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 141
Steve B
Thanks for the extra video . oh Thanks Charlie for your offering also. It did prove a point that I wanted .Later Don T

greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 141
So, Don, how much was riding on it?
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 135
Frank C

my friend his quietness about the subject is payment for me lol.

GM all.. I have a 1984 Cub Cadet 580. The question relates to how do I install a new clutch belt? I removed the plate that covers the gear shift which allows some access. but very tight..will I have to remove more to install the clutch belt?? If I only had belt install instructions.. Thanks a bunch!

Hi all,

Just registered, but have been lurking and reading through all the great information for a while now. I got my first cub (a 102 from Don T) and I am getting it into working shape for some chores around the house. I am having lots of fun with the "new" toy and just wanted to say Hi. I will probably be asking lots of questions, so please be patient.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 136

Latest posts

Back