• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

It ain't pretty but..........

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyd

Just thought I'd post a picture of my leaf collecting setup. This 147 is the sweetest running cub I've ever owned. It sat outside under a tarp for 10 years, and put in fresh gas and a new battery and it starts and runs great. I put together the collection equipment out of an old Peco unit, add in a new Predator engine, some Trac Vac parts and a Cub Cadet cart. Run the hose into the barrel when cutting grass and use the cart for leaf collection. I know this setup ain't pretty but it works really well. One of these days I'll go through the 147 and get her cleaned up, but for now I'm just enjoying it as is. Is there such a thing a Rat Cub?

Attachments

• IMG_3523.jpg
    IMG_3523.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
When I first glanced at your photo, I thought the brute trash can was part of the setup 😀 Next thought was I wonder if that could make it up and down these Ozark hills? I love my restored units and the process, but nothing beats a worker in its original “clothes “. Seat time vs wrenching time-it’s all good.

I didn't want to spend the $100+ that Trac Vac wanted for the white barrel top shown in John's photo so I used a Brute cover and put ventilation grates in it.

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpg
    IMG_3527.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3528.jpg
    IMG_3528.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 0
We have a pretty good grade going down to the water and the cub pulls the loaded trailer up without losing traction. I've got wheel weights on there and if I need more weight I can put some water in the barrel!

Nice combination. If others are looking to fabricate a simlar unit and cannot find a IH cart I found an alternative. At a local estate sale I purchased an old Sears, Roebuck model 610263510, it needs and still needs paint. See the cart in my avatar. Great for hauling firewood or dirt.

I put together the collection equipment out of an old Peco unit, add in a new Predator engine, some Trac Vac parts and a Cub Cadet cart.

Could you post some closeup pictures of the hanger on the back of the cub cadet? I picked up a similar Trac Vac with out anything to hang it on.

Hey Paul - Here's what the hanger looks like. It hooks on the transaxle, and a hook bolt holds it in place. It's actually part of the Peco frame, but could be easily fabricated.

Attachments

• IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    741.7 KB · Views: 0
Hey Paul - Here's what the hanger looks like. It hooks on the transaxle, and a hook bolt holds it in place. It's actually part of the Peco frame, but could be easily fabricated.
Thanks! that helps a lot! I was thinking of something that sat on top of the axle and was bolted to the transmission. I see I don't need to do that.

Latest posts

Back