• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwestfall

displayname
Chris Westfall
I would just like to thank Travis and Charlie, for all the work put into plow days,and to everyone else involved,it was a true pleasure to be there and meet everyone in person 1,529 miles total,Thanks again chris [cub cadet classics]

first we have the man with the words[wisdom] and then plowing in a distance.and a full field.
55079.jpg

55080.jpg

55081.jpg

55082.jpg

Chris,
I had a few words but I doubt there was any wisdom involved.
biggrin.gif

IN CASE you don't know who Chris Westfall is, He's one of our great Forum Sponsors listed above. http://www.cubclassics.com/
I was glad to see you at PD and hope you can make it to many more.
And you don't want me to post a pic that I took PD morning!
roflol.gif

I need to adjust my color , the pavement in that parking lot looks green.
lol.gif
Glad to see guys dodged the storm this weekend and had a successful PD.
It's going to be wild tonight in the Land of Nod , 2-4" of rain with up to 50 MPH winds. Mountains could get 18-24" of snow.

A couple of my favorite shots from Plow Day:
55099.jpg

55100.jpg

The plowing future belongs to the young. I've still got a few years to get a plow setup for my grandson...
but of course it won't be green!

55101.jpg

Right idea, but I'm not sure it will produce much electricity!

55102.jpg

Mrs Charlie and her furry little friend. Thanks for sharing your big furry friend
(Charlie) with everyone for Plow Day!

I hope nobody's offended by my somewhat odd sense of humor!

Lip.....E-mail me a copy of the Iowa co-op picture will ya....I'm dying over that one....
My outgoing e-mail is'nt working right yet....

Charlie, What a plow day you put together. The weather was nearly perfect.I think there is some folks wishing they would have not listened to the nay sayers. Thanks again Tony Morris

Tony,
Your right, it was a great weekend!
And BELIEVE ME, Compared to what Travis and many others did to get everything ready, I dint do that much.
And once again I want to thank EVERYONE, Including the ones that showed up for the great job they did making this weekend one of the best yet!
You all deserve a pat on the back.
55104.gif

Greg, I worked in the field behind that windmill for 14 years!! It was actually where I was going to try and host a Plowday a few years back. As many times as I've driven past it (twice today), I've never seen it from that prospective
joker.gif

Well, the Blunier family made it back home this afternoon. Thanks to Travis and Charlie for a great event...I know we all had a good time!!!!!

Now ask yourselves this question...... How many people in this world have plowed under SNOW with a GARDEN TRACTOR?!?!?!?!?...and under the watchfull eye of a snowman as kids played on 6' snow piles...... Another first in the plow day saga!!!!

Thanks again guys, great job!!!!

Myron B,
Another thing I noticed is the engine doesn't have the fake dipstick like all my other 147's. Do you think its the original block? If not do you think it is a cub block? What model cub would it have come in?

Thanks,
55110.jpg

In all fairness, it was the son who got it stuck, and Dad had to get it out. And I didn't even hear any harsh words to the boy - good job, Dad!
thumbsup.gif

Terry B: The photos don't show it, but if it's got a little short dipstick on the camshaft cover, it may be a short block replacement like the engines in the in the 149's. By the way TC-113 shows that the 147's have a long dipstick and tube located on the right front corner, not a fake one...The 149 blocks use a "fake" because it's the oilfill tube. Though the parts manual doesn't show an oil fill tube as a separate part, the gasket set provides a gasket for the oilfill tube, so I think the oil fill tube is part of the block assembly on the 149's. I do not own a 147 or a 149 so I'm just going by the "book" here. How do you put oil into your engine may be the question I need to ask....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Terry B.,
A solid 147 for $150 - AN EXCELLENT FIND!
beerchug.gif

Regarding your new-to-you 147, did you have to do anything with/to the ACR -or- are you saying that
because the ACR was functioning properly that's why it turned over easily?
confused.gif

Ryan W
coffee.gif

Myron,
All of my 147's have the oil level gauge shown as item A. I call the Oil filler cap, item B, a fake dip stick because its only 3 inches long. my latest 147 doesn't have an item B. Its tougher to fill it with oil, the carb gets in the way.
55115.jpg

Ryan,
I am assuming that because the ACR was functioning properly that's why it turned over easily. He turned it over very slowly by hand and did not feel any compression stroke and assumed the engine needed rebuilding.

Some guys have all the luck.
The last one I got that the engine turned over easy, the piston was stuck at the top of the cylinder! LOL

Latest posts

Back