Archive through April 02, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbliler

displayname
Jerry Bliler
Ok--- need some help with where some spacers go. On the 782 with the kt-17 does the four 3/8 spacers go under the engine mounting ears or under the red engine mounting plate???? Been too long after I took it apart. The mount plate goes in with six bolts and the engine only uses four. I have four spacers but could have misplaced the others. Would someone mind taking a llok at theirs????

bottom.gif

Parts Look Up ... ya know , the "Pretty Little Boxes at the top".

187678.gif

Kraig;

LOL!You funny guy! You cracka' me up!
Actually...,it ain't me.My grand-daughter thinks she can drive anything,so I put her on the 149.
In the picture she said;"Pop,make it go faster!".
Eleven year old girls...,Geeesh!
Bobby B.

Bobby,
That looks like a "Oh Dad" picture if I've ever seen one! :cool:

Bobby:
Sure will! (may be a while yet, weather just got nice for ridin'....)

Ken,,, That page did show the spacers but is very unclear on above the plate or below.

It was a warm (around 86) sunny day today, but I didn't get to enjoy it. I spent all day in the basement working. It's amazing what a long hard days work will accomplish.

Here's what i've been up to:
187684.jpg

This photo was taken with a flash. That's why it's a lighter color.
187685.jpg

187686.jpg

Add the wheel weights and a little more work and it will be done!

eek.gif

Anyway--- engine is in!! Happy day! For the record, the enging plate goes on the engine FIRST,,, Then sit the whole thing in place. Much easier! Will try to run it soon.Sure hope this works out.

KenTucky - Thanks (again) for the comment on Lucas' wheel offset. That profile photo really does look like the wide-offest, spoked wheel is on his tractor. Cracked me up again!

It takes soooo little to entertain yous guyz
dizzy.gif

I sent Charlie and Kraig an entertaining video the other day but it's to big to post here @ 15meg
whistling.gif

Hi,

Been reading for a while. Lots of good info, but I couldn't find anything on this: engine idles well, sits at high throttle well, but when I start driving at high throttle, the engine surges and fires into the exhaust.

It's a 149 that had been sitting a while. I got it running with fresh oil & gas. Adjusted points to .020 and gapped a new plug. I took off the #30 carb because of a crazy loose throttle shaft and put on a Walbro that I had kicking around. IIRC, I measured the carb and it's the right size for the K321. Can't find a Walbro rebuild kit locally, so I just cleaned it out.

I'll check the governor adjustment, but I'm wondering if anyone solved this problem. Is it a carb problem? Should I re-visit the points? Adjust the valves?

Thanks!

JOEL - Sounds to me like your main full load fuel mixture is too lean. Gets real hard on parts if run that way, VERY high combustion temps, burns valves, maybe pings/knocks, blows head gaskets and burns valves.

I'd clean up & rebuild the old Carter #30 carb and reinstall it. The sponsors of this site, the colorful boxes about this forum can et you the rebuild kits to make your old carb work like brand new.

I've got a Carter #30 on the K321 in my CC 72 with the same throttle linkage problem. I put the new bushing kit in but should have used the new and improved shaft.

I've never played with the Walbro carb but I seem to remember there's no main fuel adjustment on them like on the Carter's. Carter is a much better carb IMHO.

joel, buy a new throttle shaft bushing and rebuild the carter not much of a fan on the walbro's kits are available for them also but the carter will do much better, chris

All,
Can a #2 tiller can be mounted on a wide frame?
Ray

Ray
Even tho it'll fit all wide frames I wouldn't put it on a 8HP or 10HP. My 2 cents worth.

I agree with Chris...when I put the new crate motor in my 129, I swapped the new Walbro with the old Carter (with a shaft rebuild kit on the Carter). Gotta love the low and high speed adjustments that the Carter has.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back