• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin H-Thank you for looking the NOS shifter's price up. That is pretty dang close to what we got it for, wasn't it? I might have to consider parting with that! We could definitely get that tractor ready so you could plow with it. Oil change, brinly hitch and a 10 inch plow will be just dandy for it.

Drive shaft coupling questions. I bought a new drive shaft for my 1650, the cast iron coupling parts that get coil pined to the drive shaft. Are they suppose to be a loose fit with side to side wiggle? I thought someone told me they are suppose to be a tap fit? Maybe I need new cast iron couplings?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Another one of those finds i wish happened more this was in a shed less than 10 miles from my house for the past 30+ years runs and digs inhofer groundsaw mounted on a 100
244579.jpg

244580.jpg

I am just going to throw this out among all the talk about darn good tractor deals and shifters. Nice one, Ryan! A fine find, indeed.

It was a beautiful evening and I was able to coat the bolts for my new seat with anti-seize, so that they will come out again. Thanks for that advice, whomever put it out there. I had a nice, but short, ride.

I have to get lights on the 1250 nightmare. There are too many great evenings like this one that are wasted because it gets dark too soon. I have a headlight kit, but does anyone know of a close to original in look luminaire from Grote or Truklite that might work for a tail light? I would prefer LED, but a lamp would work, too. The originals are NLA from Cub Cadet. When I had the engine out, I installed a switch, fuse holder and ran the wires. It will be an easy install, I think.

Good Grief Chris
jawdrop.gif
That is a super rare find! I noticed that you didn't have it posted in the classifieds right away
drool.gif
!!!! That has got to be one of the rarer attachments available for the old Cubs!

Marlin, were you referring to Ottumwa, Iowa? I live about 20 mins away and if you are, you can sure count on me being there.

I ordered a rebuilt carb from Chris tonight along with a few other pieces.

The old carb has the low speed fuel adjustment needle broke off in the body. I tried to drill it and use an ease out on it, It was not so ease. I,m trying to save it as a spare carb.

My question is does anyone know what the low speed needle screw dia and thread size are? I took one of the needles out of the other cub cadet but nothing seemed to match?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thank you Bill

Keith O - you posted the 7 digit Serial number 81888?0 for a Kohler engine (I assume it's a cast iron K series). Since the first 2 digits are 81 it was built in 1977 (probably early 1977 since a 7 digit serial number with the first 2 digits numbered from 80-89 was built in 1977). To determine if it's 16hp it must either have a tag indicating it's a Model K341 (if it's in a Cub Cadet it should have an AQS suffix, and should be in a Model 1650 since that is the only CC that had 16hp)or if you can't read that part of the tag then the first 2 digits of the Spec No. must be numbers 71 which indicates it's a 16hp engine. Hope this helps.

Adam J. If all goes well Ryan and I should both be there. Right now all I have lined up is a small golf cart for a trailer. Somehow we need to figure out how to get at least four Cub Cadets to Ottummwa.

Robert C. WELCOME!!!
wave.gif
If you're planning on fixing up your 126 for resale the one thing to remember is will you actually be able to make a profit once everything is fixed up. Paint and parts aren't cheap. I definintely agree with Frank C. That paint will be faded before you'll want to part with that Cub Cadet.

Ryan M. I'll have to do some digging and then we'll fab up a U shaped piece for the 128.

Off to work so evryone have a wonderful and safe day.
happy.gif

Back