• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
DAVE K, KRAIG - First engine SON & I hung from my cheap F&F engine stand was most of a 460 Ford. Didn't break the stand but sure was hard to rotate.

Next engine was my K321 back in '03 till '05, the in '06 the K241 went in it and was finally completed last spring.

It's empty now, but sure would like to bolt a Porsche or even a Duetz in it now.

I need to do a rebuild of the engine in my #1 Snow Mover. It turned 60 years old 2 weeks ago and the cyl. head & oil pan have NEVER been off the block. If Dad had farmed another year we would have ground the valves and put a set of rings in it. Last compression check I did 20+ yrs ago it still had really even compression numbers, just low. But it starts good, idles smooth, and pushes snow just fine. I priced the parts 10-12 yrs ago to rebuild it, EACH piston, sleeve, rings, & wrist pin w/keepers cost what a complete Kohler rebuild costs with all parts & machine work, and there's four sleeves/pistons! Then you still need all the seals, gaskets, and machine work on the head, crank, etc. rebuild the oil pump, hot tank the block, etc. Like to have the rods Magnafluxed too. Been thinking of replacing all the hardware with ARP stuff. I've seen a couple of the same model tractors with ventilated blocks.

A guy in Nebraska heard that I lost a mess of Cubs and wants to help me start again!
282976.jpg

282977.jpg

282978.jpg

282979.jpg

282980.jpg

282981.jpg

Kraig,
200 for the O, 100 each for the rest.
The new 20 ft. enclosed will be here in 3 weeks, so it might be sooner than spring, since we don't get spring till June up here, LOL

Ray L - glad you told us it was your son on that tractor, for a minute I thought one of those masked WWF wrestlers had knocked you off and stole it...

I gather that's a model 100. Looks like the snow is right deep too - nice looking tractor!!!!

Hey Jerry B. good to see your still around. No we haven't been to Brooks in awhile, last 6 hour trip down took almost 10 hours. Last year we went to the Union Gap show, found a few hills between here and there, but the 460 pulled us over them. Great bunch of people there. I took second in the tractor pull with the 106. Year before we went to Monroe, real close to home and also great group of folks.

Don T. It's been about 10 years ago that I did the brake conversion, my memory aint what is used to be and never was great. I believe that the calipers came from the front of a Yamaha Raptor, the master cylinder & reservoir came from the rear brakes of Honda of some sort. I also got all the lines and fitting & brackets from the guy. I was able to adapt the calipers to the stock cub bracket that clamps around the axle. for the pedal I used the frame holes for the lift rock shaft, mounted the master cylinder under the tractor and hooked it to a arm on the new cross shaft.
I know I know, with out pics this thread is useless. I can get some pics this weekend of most it except the caliper mount, not in the mood to pull the tire unless I need to.

Thanks Guys!! Some awesome Ideas there. I'm sure I can come up with something. Looks like the best route is using the starter mounting holes for sure>>

Thanks!

That's awesome news Charlie! The O looks like it'd be a fun chore to bring back from the dead.

Doug B - hey we just gotta get together again. I'm only about 10 miles from Monroe.

Jerry B - did you get that 149 running again?

Charlie - somehow I don't think those are recent pics from Nebraski'. I don't see any snow on the ground. I don't think I'd be waiting for spring either which starts about April in Nebraski'. Those units should sit outside just fine up your way until the 20' enclosure arrives. A little snow would probably clean all the dust off the O before you put it in the enclosure.

Doug b

Thanks for the reply on the parts to install the breaks from and ATV on a cub tractor. That is one mod I will do now that I have an idea as to how you did it. pictures would be great and I wait till some day you have time. might be a great idea to start something in the sand box so the thread does not get lost so fast. I will be going for a Sunday drive this weekend and now that I know what I need to get there is a guy who I pass that has a few 100 junked atv`s in his yard. I will stop in and see if he has what I think I will need. Just another mod I gave some thought to that now I know can be done and to have great breaks on my loader will make it that much more fun to run.
ihrotate.gif

I can't believe how many Kohler engines I've rolled around on the bench and I have two of those engine stands that I could of bolted to.
Dennis I know what you mean, those stands flex a little with all that cast iron hanging on em.

Harry B. I'll let you know if we head that way this summer

Don T. no problem, I might have something on my home computer

Charlie glad to see your getting some cubs, nothing any better than going on a road trip to pick up some cubs, I recently drove 500 miles to haul 5 cubs home, my wife even enjoys it.
happy.gif

Bill J.
LOL. Yep, its the mad hunter. Yes, its a 100. I really like it.

Charlie,
Nice catch. Congrats.

Harry B - Those pics could very well be recently taken. I was in Northeast Nebraska last weekend and there wasn't any snow in sight. In fact, it was 68* on Sunday. Made it hard to come back to Minnesota!

Charlie - Nice find. A couple of them look to be in about the shape my grandson's 1250 was when you picked it up for me in Nebraska 4 or 5 years ago.

Greg L - well I suppose the wind could have blown all the snow to the other side of one of those sand hills. Interesting if you look at the edges of the pics Charlie posted you'll see about 16 walk behind snow throwers, so the snow must be coming.

Doug B - what did you ever do with your 149 and 169. Last I recall you were having engine trouble with the 169.

Oh Man, Charlie, Ya just know all those hydro lift handles are gonna be frozen rusted solid!! Ya better lay in a good supply of WD-40, or whatever by the looks of those rigs!!

I got 2 of them 1450's, and a 1650, all 3 of 'em 2 stickers and all rusted solid!!

Back