• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Steve,

Looks great! Nice job on the build. Funny you just posted I was just getting ready to quote you.

Quote by Mr Plow;

<font face="arial,helvetica"> "Early KT17-II motors did not have the filter blcok off plate. Later KT-17-II motors had a filter block off plate (probably added when the M18 was introduced/engineered to make a common casting)

Replacement KT-17-II motors for the 82 series were shipped with block off plates, the filter base and/or remote filter was an option using parts from the 1810/11/12 tractors.

+/-'83, '84, '85 Red IH Cub cadets were shipped with KT-17-II motors from the factory, many of these did not have the filter base.

It is my assumption that most of the tractors with KT-17-II engines WITH block off plates for the filter were tractors that originally had Series I engines and were repowered/shortblocked........OR possibly very late production MTD red 82 series that came out right befor the switch to the 1810/11/12 with the "new" Mag 18 right side casting."</font>

Did some more digging in the vault and got most of my questions answered....

Man that is one sweet furrow making machine.......

Nice Job

Very nice job on the plow!! Looks great! Rolls over the furrows quite nicely. You decided on a colour yet?

I need some help fellas.... I just re-stored my 127. re-built engine and all. starts, runs, but I think I have a governor problem. I have went thru all the steps on setting, etc. Shouldnt I have tension on the governor arm?

I also cannot seem get the throttle correct. very high RPM if I put throttle all the way up. I have attempted to set the throttle stop.

Any suggestions on the governor and throttle?

Thanks in advance

Nice looking plow. Is that an MTD you are pulling it with?

Allen/Frank,

I used a coil part # 7-01634 from NAPA. Here is the description from their web site:
Engine Manufacturer:Kohler, Tecumseh,Engine Model #:K191, K141, K181, K241, K301, K321, K341, K361, Battery Ignition, Internal Resistor,Replaces OE #:231281, 47-145-01, Tecumseh 32080

STILL blew the end off it!
angry.gif

So will order one from CCS I guess and hope I have better luck!
a_weep.gif

Going to replace a few other things, do a carb tune up on it at the same time.

Will let you know how I make out!

Mike: I know sucks when I see it. Either you got a bad (new) coil or we have another problem.
I'm going to bet on "another problem" and try to keep this conversation going until your problem is cured. Hey, Don Tanner?
happy.gif

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
I wonder if he is putting out to high voltage to the coil. That could cause it to get hot boil and blow.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Was that fast or what lol

Don: "or what" would be if I disconnected and you called.
beer2.gif

Man, I need to find out why this keeps happening. I had another guy come up to me today asking me to buy his Cub Cadet. He said it has ags, 3pt, rear pto, deck, cultivator, all the paperwork, NOS parts...and said it couldn't be put back in the garage today. Sooo...
244541.jpg

244542.jpg

244543.jpg

244544.jpg

244545.jpg

244546.jpg

Tom,

Walks the dog with it! Spun out once right after the pic on me laying off 2 sod furrows, but the ground was uneven and it was in the ground +9" easy....otherwise, just ran right along with it just like it was my 12" Brinly sleeve hitch plow...

Brian B.

This is an M18 showing the plate that connects the filter hoses, if that helps.

244549.jpg

Ryan M. That's three in three weeks. And the price was oh-so right on all three of them. Plus the tractor is Fancy approved.
244552.gif
You need a close-up picture of the genuine NOS IH dealer parts tag on that shift lever.

hey guys just picked up a #4 cart for $100 bucks and was wondering what the weight specs are for this cart. couldn't find any specs at all. needs some welding where the latch is and the sides are bent in a little nothing heat and a little pounding won't fix. was this a good deal? thanks chuck k.

Well until we see the pictures of it Chuck...I am going to have to go with "You STOLE that one!"

I'd love to find another #4 for that price.

STEVE - Great job on the plow.... it plows as nice as it looks.

RYAN - Nice score in the WF gear drive, and with those impossible to find 23-8.50 F'stones no less. And lots of options, It's a KEEPER.

Latest posts

Back